How do I convert game files to cdi?

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

kevin82485
noob

How do I convert game files to cdi?

Post#1 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:05 am

Hello,

I was just recently gifted a Dreamcast that is in near mint condition that came with a ton of games, probably like 50-60 games. Unfortunately, the collection is missing some games that I would like to have. Today, I downloaded a game and it was not in the nice self booting cdi format, there was a .gdi, track01.bin, track02.raw, and track03.bin files. There are versions of it already in self booting cdi, but they do not appear to be USA versions of the game. I've read a couple of guides, but the way they are written is not really user friendly and seems to assume some level of existing knowledge which I don't have right now being that I am so new to it.

Can someone please explain to me how I repackage these files into a self booting cdi format explained as if I was like 10 years old?

I understand how to burn the cdi file to a CD, but it's this conversion process that I don't understand.

I would greatly appreciate the help. Thanks!