Controller port 1 sometimes doesn't work

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

dave_van_damn
Graffiti Grind

Controller port 1 sometimes doesn't work

Post#1 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:35 am

I've seen controller port fixes online for replacing or removing resistors when the entire controller board doesnt work, but I haven't seen anything re: intermittent controller prot problems. Occasionally (and occuring more frequently) port 1 stops working. The VMU in the controller still displays info (although sometimes it doesnt!) but the controller won't opperate. I've tried multiple controllers and the problem continues until it randomly decides to work again! Any ideas how to fix this? I've got a few dead DC lying around so I could just swap the board but I'm wondering if I can fix it myself without using other DC parts.

Thanks!
aka DavidHK on DC games.

JaymzTA
shadow

Re: RE: Controller port 1 sometimes doesn't work

Post#2 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:31 am

dave_van_damn wrote:I've seen controller port fixes online for replacing or removing resistors when the entire controller board doesnt work, but I haven't seen anything re: intermittent controller prot problems. Occasionally (and occuring more frequently) port 1 stops working. The VMU in the controller still displays info (although sometimes it doesnt!) but the controller won't opperate. I've tried multiple controllers and the problem continues until it randomly decides to work again! Any ideas how to fix this? I've got a few dead DC lying around so I could just swap the board but I'm wondering if I can fix it myself without using other DC parts.

Thanks!

Try replacing the resistor. It'll cost you pennies, and just a few minutes of your time. Alternatively, try cleaning out the controller port itself and make sure the contacts in it are looking good.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk