Controllers won't work

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

krssn
Metallic

Re: Controllers won't work

Post#11 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:21 pm

TacT wrote:you didn't have to go and cut it off and re solder a piece of wire lol you could have just Twisted the resistor to short it and problem solved, I did that on one dreamcast yeears ago worked fine

The one he's talking about can't be twisted like that.

It's got one end of the resistor connected straight to the board.

So no metal to touch in sight on that end.

Check the beige resistor next to the battery...

Clockwork
rebel

Controllers won't work

Post#12 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:41 pm

The fuse blew on the board from yesterday so we replaced it with a beefier unit. And that was verified with the meter that it was this fuse that blew.

So I now have 2 boards to use. One of them has a fuse I could twist which is the brown one on certain units.

I still think that it is the controller which I believe also as the only other thing it might be is any of the 2 blue VMU's in the controller but those were bought brand new in the box never been used. And they were in the controller before all of these issues with no issues.

So I will try these boards tonight and see what happens and I'll just do the process of elimination until I fix this issue once and for all. I am in the mindset right now that I want this issue fixed right and not half assed.

The suspect controller has been sidelined until further notice.

Clockwork
rebel

Post#13 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:41 pm

So it seems at this point that it was the suspect controller. Played it for a few hours last night and it was working perfect.

krssn
Metallic

Post#14 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:31 pm

Nice one... ^^

Maybe in time try to replace that 'beefy fuse' with the right part though.

It'll cost you virtually nothing anyway.

Clockwork
rebel

Post#15 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:11 pm

Oh yeah that's a definite that I'll be doing here soon. I have to pick up a few new controllers and I'll also pick up a new stock board or two to bring this back to stock.