VGA to HDMI HELP

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Re: VGA to HDMI HELP

Post#11 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:08 pm

I use this one. Works perfectly.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#12 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:40 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:I use this one. Works perfectly.

After doing quite a bit of research, I may go with this unit as well (especially since the one Adam used is upwards of $150-300 depending on where you look). I saw your video and read the comments on YouTube that you play with the image stretched, but read elsewhere the picture can be selected to 4:3 instead of 16:9. Have you tried switching to and from both ratios?

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#13 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:18 pm

DCGX wrote:I saw your video and read the comments on YouTube that you play with the image stretched, but read elsewhere the picture can be selected to 4:3 instead of 16:9. Have you tried switching to and from both ratios?

I don't think there's a way to switch aspect ratios on the upconverter itself. Your TV or monitor may have that option though. I know my ASUS monitor has an option to switch to 4:3 but my TV doesn't.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#14 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:25 pm

Ok. I wasn't sure. One reviewer on Amazon just mentioned a settings menu, but didn't specify.

That said this may all be mute. One of the two TVs I'm debating on getting, I just learned, actually has a PC input (along with a few other features, but a higher price)! I don't care about upconverting so much as I am just being able to use the VGA box I already own.

Edit: Nevermind. Despite the TV listing a 'PC Input,' it meant via HDMI not VGA. So back to looking at converter boxes...