Can't get BBA to connect

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

dave_van_damn
Graffiti Grind

Can't get BBA to connect

Post#1 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:16 am

Hi,

I bought a BBA last week and I'm having trouble setting it up.

I'm using XDP and following the instructions from this video -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUWW_mXaqJg

The only thing I'm doing differently is that I can't find a secondary DNS address, only a primary one, so I've left the 2nd field blank.

My BBA is connected into my DC (duh) and into my broadband home modem in port x2. Port 1x is connected to my wireless router.

Any ideas what could be the problem? Thanks!
aka DavidHK on DC games.

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Re: Can't get BBA to connect

Post#2 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:25 am

Which game are you trying to play? Most people find that PSO works if you configure it with the Website option in USv2 and not with XDP. As for Quake, I have no idea what the best method is for that game. PSO also requires that you configure a fake dial-up ISP (with any non-BBA browser) before you can use the BBA.
"Fear the HUnewearl."

dave_van_damn
Graffiti Grind

Post#3 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:39 am

Aleron Ives wrote:Which game are you trying to play? Most people find that PSO works if you configure it with the Website option in USv2 and not with XDP. As for Quake, I have no idea what the best method is for that game. PSO also requires that you configure a fake dial-up ISP (with any non-BBA browser) before you can use the BBA.

Haven't even gotten as far as to play a game - just literally used XDP and was hoping to connect to google.com but it says cannot reach the host.

AM I setting it up correctly?
So far its: DC>BBA>Broadband Modem>Line into wall
aka DavidHK on DC games.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#4 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:22 pm

I do know my secondary ip addy is 0.0.0.0, not blank, but this is not your problem. You might want to check your router to see if the DC shows up.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Vampyre Mike
Roadster

Post#5 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:38 am

Have you figured this out? I'm pretty sure there are some very good YT videos on it.

I remember using XDP on mine and just assigning an IP and giving it the gateway of my router.

I think that was the jist of it. = )

dave_van_damn
Graffiti Grind

Post#6 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:52 am

I got it to work by connecting the BBA into my router, rather than my modem.

I can get online on the XDP browser and on the auto connect PSO disc but I'm struggling with Quake 3 and Toy Racer. Not sure how to bring up the master list in Q3...
aka DavidHK on DC games.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#7 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:23 pm

Before logging on with the DC, you will want to go to the online server link/option at the top of DC-Talk webpage for the active server list and write down the IP addys & ports. Once you are connected and get to the "Master Server Not Found" message, you just have to select the option at the bottom right (the "More" button) and enter the IP addy and port. From there, select the bottom right button again (I believe it is the "Info" button) and if all is well, select "fight" at the bottom.

Looking forward to seeing you online.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs