Svideo Cable For DC

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

MountainDewFKR
rebel

Svideo Cable For DC

Post by MountainDewFKR »

I read that the japanese Svideo cable is one of the best you can get for the DC.
But they are pretty expensive. I was looking around on amazon/ebay and most of these have the svideo and composite line shared which ppl say is bad.
Are there any other Svideo only cables that anyone can recommend?

This is one of the only ones i found

https://www.ebay.com/itm/152193819997
My other Dreamcast is a Naomi 1

killer-elite
blackout!
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All of them

Re: Svideo Cable For DC

Post by killer-elite »

Lucky for you I just got a bag of Official S-Video cables straight from Japan...send me a dm of your location and a offer and we will work out a price with shipping...if you do paypal friends and family that would be great being paypal is greedy...I also sell on eBay if you like I can DM you my two Official DC S-Video listings one is new in the box and the other is open box (without the box)..shoot me a line maybe we can work something out

Dakangel
letterbomb

Post by Dakangel »

Dreamcast TV cables arent any special unless you want the VGA box and even for that kind of conection there are plenty and cheaper ones in AliExpress.

The photo you posted from a "japanese official" Is a mere 3rd party one packed in a box.

AliExpress Is your lucky friend for composite, svideo and vga cables for your console.

Ragfish
St.Jimmy
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO
Quake 3
Chu Chu Rocket
AFO
NBA 2K2
NFL 2K2
WSB 2K2
Internet Game Pack
Pool

Post by Ragfish »

I can personally recommend the one from Performance, it's still cheap last I checked

Be wary of generic cheap s video cables, as while they're not always bad, sometimes they're really awful

MountainDewFKR
rebel

Post by MountainDewFKR »

killer-elite wrote:Lucky for you I just got a bag of Official S-Video cables straight from Japan...
Im going to check out the performance one first see how it goes once im done with my GDemu build.
i will be running it through a retrotink2x. If i have issues ill hyu about that cable.
Whats ur ebay seller name btw?

Dakangel wrote:The photo you posted from a "japanese official" Is a mere 3rd party one packed in a box.
Never said that was an official one, i said those were expensive. The one i linked is $6.
That isnt expensive LOL

Ragfish wrote:I can personally recommend the one from Performance, it's still cheap last I checked

Be wary of generic cheap s video cables, as while they're not always bad, sometimes they're really awful
I just saw your review, going to give this a try. Cheap enough to try.
Thanks

killer-elite
blackout!
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All of them

Post by killer-elite »

MountainDewFKR wrote:
killer-elite wrote:Lucky for you I just got a bag of Official S-Video cables straight from Japan...
Im going to check out the performance one first see how it goes once im done with my GDemu build.
i will be running it through a retrotink2x. If i have issues ill hyu about that cable.
Whats ur ebay seller name btw?

Dakangel wrote:The photo you posted from a "japanese official" Is a mere 3rd party one packed in a box.
Never said that was an official one, i said those were expensive. The one i linked is $6.
That isnt expensive LOL

Ragfish wrote:I can personally recommend the one from Performance, it's still cheap last I checked

I just saw your review, going to give this a try. Cheap enough to try.
Thanks
my eBay handle is stashtheclash...all of my listings have "or best offer" on them so shoot me a offer...

Caspian
core
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Starlancer
PSO

Post by Caspian »

Why bother when there is the VGA option?

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Errythan except Tetris o.0

Post by mistamontiel »

My secondary+thirdary Dreamcasts must be s-vid (swapping between), official too really deep rich because other one I had was pathetic Naki one was looking like composhit whole time, no yellow plug neither jus very poor it is

MountainDewFKR
rebel

Post by MountainDewFKR »

Caspian wrote:Why bother when there is the VGA option?
Because ill be using this for FGs. So crt is nice for the old heads.
Or i can keep it simple and run Svideo to my PVM then svideo out of the PVM to my Retrotink 5x for stream/capture.
Short answer is because we all have our own thing we want to accomplish.

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO: anything with mayu in its name = me

Post by mazonemayu »

MountainDewFKR wrote: Short answer is because we all have our own thing we want to accomplish.
^ this right here, I for example refuse to play on a modern tv and need to have everything hooked up through rgb and will go through great efforts to accomplish this. Hell I even play my 360 on a crt via rgb :lol: :lol:
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here