Bug Notice: SA1 Rankings

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

DR TEAMCAST
Uber

Re: Bug Notice: SA1 Rankings

Post#11 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:34 pm

@itsthinkingstill Boss rankings for the latest screamcast halloween event is a brand new feature that wasn't in the original world rankings, so it's possible there's still bugs. I've had either internet issues or no batteries for LVI to test anything. The links should've been fixed a few days ago to prevent any further issues with the program commands at least

This stuff still is a work in progress
ImageImage
Forum for Dreamcast and Saturn browsers http://bb.dreampipe.net
Media, News, Events and more for your Sega Dreamcast internet browser at http://dreampipe.net

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#12 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:36 pm

DR TEAMCAST wrote:@itsthinkingstill Boss rankings for the latest screamcast halloween event is a brand new feature that wasn't in the original world rankings, so it's possible there's still bugs. I've had either internet issues or no batteries for LVI to test anything. The links should've been fixed a few days ago to prevent any further issues with the program commands at least

This stuff still is a work in progress

Sorry if i came across as harsh or having the attitude of IT MUST WORK NOW!!!! I was just letting you know of some bugs ect.
As for jial i just tested it and it seems to be all good now! cant wait for the chao related stuff to be brought back for sa1 and 2

jial
Developer

Post#13 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:39 pm

Thanks !! All bugs that you find, please reporte to us to solve asap. Enjoy it!!! :)

Xiden
Developer

Post#14 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:38 am

I noticed SA2 doesn't go to dreampipe.net's website, I'm sure the reason is stated somewhere. I'm assuming its due to the DNS?

DR TEAMCAST
Uber

Post#15 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:30 pm

Some sites are a pain to redirect, I've tried a few times without getting it right 100%. Where it will redirect the domain name itself but not the link on the splash screen of the SA2 browser. Getting SA1 links redirected were a bitch but we eventually got it

You can press and hold A, then while holding A press Start ten times, then press X+A on the bottom bar of the screen to bring up the URL bar and go to sonic2.dreampipe.net. The SA2 Chao BBS and original SA2 BB was also replicated/somewhat-restored on bb.dreampipe.net, and the links pointing to either of those boards were pointed to BB on the SA2 site

The redirection probably has to be done locally on the raspberry pi. Not sure how to define those rules then send them to Kazade, if someone told me I'd do a bunch and send to Kazade for the next DreamPi release
ImageImage
Forum for Dreamcast and Saturn browsers http://bb.dreampipe.net
Media, News, Events and more for your Sega Dreamcast internet browser at http://dreampipe.net

Xiden
Developer

Post#16 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:52 pm

DR TEAMCAST wrote:Some sites are a pain to redirect, I've tried a few times without getting it right 100%. Where it will redirect the domain name itself but not the link on the splash screen of the SA2 browser. Getting SA1 links redirected were a bitch but we eventually got it

You can press and hold A, then while holding A press Start ten times, then press X+A on the bottom bar of the screen to bring up the URL bar and go to sonic2.dreampipe.net. The SA2 Chao BBS and original SA2 BB was also replicated/somewhat-restored on bb.dreampipe.net, and the links pointing to either of those boards were pointed to BB on the SA2 site

The redirection probably has to be done locally on the raspberry pi. Not sure how to define those rules then send them to Kazade, if someone told me I'd do a bunch and send to Kazade for the next DreamPi release

I'm not entirely sure how the game browsers differ from regular browsers but wouldn't you just have to redirect the initial website its trying to call to sonic2.dreampipe.net? Assuming of course the entire sonic adventure 2 site is on dreampipe. I figured it would just be one redirection needed per game's initial url request.

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#17 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:43 pm

my version of sa2 fixes the redirect issue and gets right to the site

Xiden
Developer

Post#18 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:06 am

itsthinkingstill wrote:my version of sa2 fixes the redirect issue and gets right to the site

Retail disc or modded disc?

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#19 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:19 pm

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#20 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:31 pm

I know the event is over but here is a video of a glitch or bug that happened when i uploaded knuckles data, seem to give me an error that sonic gave me a while back
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CouDXdD9eWU

Return to “Online”