PSO disc with no access or serial codes

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Padre
photon blast

PSO disc with no access or serial codes

Post#1 » Sat May 28, 2016 3:08 am

I recently bought a copy of PSO Ver 2 off of Ebay and the seller must have changed the game's case at some point because the stickers with the access/serial keys weren't there. I was wondering if the random codes that Syverant generates for PC users will work with the Dreamcast as well... I'd like to register this copy at Sylverant if possible... if that won't work, I was wondering if someone might have a spare PSO ver 2 code I could use?

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Re: PSO disc with no access or serial codes

Post#2 » Sat May 28, 2016 3:40 am

PC and DC serials are incompatible. The only way to get a unique serial is to buy another copy (of the same region) and to verify with the seller, either through pictures or communication, that it comes with the serial sticker.
"Fear the HUnewearl."

Padre
photon blast

Post#3 » Sat May 28, 2016 6:39 pm

Ok, thanks... his pics didn't show the inside but he listed it "like new", and I assumed it would have the codes inside... instead of buying yet another copy of PSO ver 2, I was wondering if I could use a PSO ver 1 code (I have 2 copies of it) instead of a Ver 2 code to get register?

scaryred24
Sunday Shootout

Post#4 » Sat May 28, 2016 7:37 pm

I don't think that would work seeing that you also need to plug in the serial and snak for V2 in order for the stuff from V1 can transfer. You can't just use any code for it to work since that may jeopardise your PSO experience. Just try to find another copy of the game with the registration key inside. It doesn't have to include the game tho.
My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $2623 ($699 with sales)
  • Games owned: 250
  • Games played: 146 (58%)
  • Hours on record: 1,948.2h

http://www.speedtest.net/result/7087109286Image

BlueCrab
Developer

Post#5 » Sat May 28, 2016 9:26 pm

PSO for Dreamcast codes are all region and version locked. You cannot use a V1 code with V2 (except as a way to transfer V1 characters to V2... but then you still need a V2 code).

Padre
photon blast

Post#6 » Sun May 29, 2016 1:05 pm

Yeah, that's what I thought... looks like I'll have to track down a used case with the codes still in it... thanks for your help everyone! :)