[Solved] Having issues connecting to the 4x4 master list on DreamPi?

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

namine207
core

[Solved] Having issues connecting to the 4x4 master list on DreamPi?

Post#1 » Sat May 07, 2016 7:12 pm

Hello!

I just got my DreamPi setup working, and am trying to test out every game to make sure everything works. So far, Max Pool, PSO, and Toy Racer have worked with absolutely no issues, but when I attempt to connect with 4x4 Evo, it says that the master list can't be found. I've tried changing my DNS to both the DNS of the Quake 3 DC-Talk server and the DNS DreamPi server. Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks!
Namine207
Last edited by namine207 on Sun May 08, 2016 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Re: Having issues connecting to the 4x4 master list on DreamPi?

Post#2 » Sat May 07, 2016 7:20 pm

The DNS server shouldn't matter for 4x4 as the original master server list is still online; although the DreamPi DNS (46.101.91.123) will work best because it has additional entries that aren't in any other DNS server. Unfortunately I don't really have any ideas on how to fix your problem. I'm not sure why it would have that issue.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

TacT
Uber

Post#3 » Sat May 07, 2016 7:29 pm

I have always had problems with my firewall on the modem/router blocking 4x4 from connecting to the master server...

it's still thinking.

namine207
core

Post#4 » Sun May 08, 2016 8:10 am

I just attempted DMZing my Dreampi with no change. Should I DMZ the Dreamcast instead if it has a separate IP?

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#5 » Sun May 08, 2016 10:13 am

namine207 wrote:I just attempted DMZing my Dreampi with no change. Should I DMZ the Dreamcast instead if it has a separate IP?

Yes, you'll want to enable DMZ for the Dreamcast's IP, not the Pi's. It should be 192.168.1.98 on most networks.
PSO Characters:

namine207
core

Post#6 » Sun May 08, 2016 10:44 am

pcwzrd13 wrote:
namine207 wrote:I just attempted DMZing my Dreampi with no change. Should I DMZ the Dreamcast instead if it has a separate IP?

Yes, you'll want to enable DMZ for the Dreamcast's IP, not the Pi's. It should be 192.168.1.98 on most networks.

DMZed the DC, it seems I'm just having awful luck with 4x4. XD I'll probably keep trying, I remember I had the same issues with my netopia setup and had to dmz and forward the ports to get it going at all. Trying to remember what the ports were.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#7 » Sun May 08, 2016 11:18 am

namine207 wrote:DMZed the DC, it seems I'm just having awful luck with 4x4. XD I'll probably keep trying, I remember I had the same issues with my netopia setup and had to dmz and forward the ports to get it going at all. Trying to remember what the ports were.

I don't think port forwarding/DMZ will really help at this point since you're just querying the DNS server. I would look elsewhere for the issue.
PSO Characters:

namine207
core

Post#8 » Sun May 08, 2016 11:52 am

Ok! :) Does the DreamPi create logs that might help me identify what the issue is?

TacT
Uber

Post#9 » Sun May 08, 2016 11:55 am

DMZ And forwarding Never worked for me , There's a bug in my modem/router that still blocks packets even when forwarding or in dmz. Makes me think this is a common problem with a lot of routers out there.
I have to completely disable my firewall when I play 4x4, which I do Not recommend.
I hate networking... If it weren't for a-holes out there, security wouldn't be a problem.

it's still thinking.

namine207
core

Post#10 » Sun May 08, 2016 11:58 am

Yeah, my issue is that my home router doesn't let me turn off the firewall either so I think I may be out of luck on this one until maybe someone finds some sort of workaround.