Help me connect with DreamPi

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

TacT
Uber

Re: Help me connect with DreamPi

Post#31 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:40 am

What usb modems do you recommend then?
The DreamPi instructions do not specify what modems to get or not, Just has a link to a no name modem that I can't order from the UK to the US. And most of them out there don't state compatibility for linux or arm or anything about them really.

Most all of them state "conexant" doesn't really help either since this persons here has some kind of conexant modem and is having problems.
Also this "softmodem" . should we be getting a "hardmodem" instead? I think I saw ones for like 54$

I'm not going to just go buying random modems out there and trying until I find one that works I don't have money for this. haha

it's still thinking.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#32 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:46 am

TacT wrote:What usb modems do you recommend then?

This is the one I use. Pretty sure it's the exact same one Kazade linked to except it's Dell branded.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

TacT
Uber

Post#33 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:07 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:
TacT wrote:What usb modems do you recommend then?

This is the one I use. Pretty sure it's the exact same one Kazade linked to except it's Dell branded.

Hey thanks! =D Ill try that one, we could maybe add some to a list of compatible modems to get and maybe incompatible modems list.

it's still thinking.

FrankenWeenie
rebel

Post#34 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:13 pm

dave_van_damn wrote:I'm getting a lot of "line busy" notices when I try and connect - on 4x4 Evo, Quake III and XDP Dreams...

Did you ever fix this issue? Im having issues with mine. I have a japanese dreamcast and I dont know what modem came with it. I bought mine on ebay.

dave_van_damn
Graffiti Grind

Post#35 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:56 am

FrankenWeenie wrote:
dave_van_damn wrote:I'm getting a lot of "line busy" notices when I try and connect - on 4x4 Evo, Quake III and XDP Dreams...

Did you ever fix this issue? Im having issues with mine. I have a japanese dreamcast and I dont know what modem came with it. I bought mine on ebay.

Yes - I don't recall the exact steps which fixed it but I did the following things at some point:

Updated the DreamPi software
Re soldered my LVI
Enabled port forwarding
aka DavidHK on DC games.