Raspberry Pi PC-DC Server

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Re: Raspberry Pi PC-DC Server

Post#21 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:27 pm

This looks great. Was this so far just a WIP or has it been tested to work with dreamcast games? Ive got a BBA, but since most the library is dialup only ive been looking into other options. I hope this idea can get streamlined.

thenosepicker
noob

Post#22 » Fri May 01, 2015 8:45 am

Wow this looks cool! I want to try it on my pi (which is currently sitting in a box feeling sad that the new pi2 came out). I went to the sourceforge link to get the image file, but the zip won't let me extract it out of the zip. Is there any way you could provide me with a different link to get mine up? Any help appreciated! :shock:

Wombat
Vagabond

Post#23 » Fri May 01, 2015 11:20 am

@Gumbo, would it be possible to include auto answering in the code and thus eliminating the need for a physical button? If that would be possible it would make this solution much more user-friendly :)

MegaPikaKeroro
noob

Post#24 » Sat May 09, 2015 1:11 pm

Hi, I have one question:
how does a dial up modem work?
I'm asking because it would be cool to have everything online, but it would less cool if I have to pay a lot of money for playing.
Also, you already said that you tried several USB modem.
they where all from the same company?
I'm asking because the one that you are listing is also one of the most expensive one.
lol

Favrenation
Outrun

Post#25 » Tue May 12, 2015 4:04 pm

MegaPikaKeroro wrote:Hi, I have one question:
Also, you already said that you tried several USB modem.
they where all from the same company?
I'm asking because the one that you are listing is also one of the most expensive one.
lol

Most modems are software modems. Linux support for software modems isn't very good and the PI has an ARM processor so any working drivers would need to be recompiled to work with that architecture. Hardware modems usually work out of the box in linux. You can look up a Rosewill usb hardware modem. I used that in a regular pc-dc setup and it was auto detected. I got mine for around 15 bucks on ebay.
PS2 Online Gaming