MAC-DC Server Guide

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

TacT
Uber

Re: MAC-DC Server Guide

Post#11 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:46 am

If you're using a telephone line simulator that supplies a ring to the line You can use the command ATS0=1 to auto answer on the first ring.

it's still thinking.

hudsthinking1999
Feet of Fury

Post#12 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:00 pm

Man...now I feel like hooking up my DC to the Internet! If I was allowed to, I would... (my family wouldn't want me "screwing around" with the Mac.)

Quick question; would this method work with iMac G5 computers?
"Sonic was never good, and if you disagree, you can call the cops."

-Some plebs at IGN

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#13 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:03 pm

The guide is for a g3, so g5 should also work imo, as it can run osx
I believe a g5 can run as high as 10.5 (leopard)
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

hudsthinking1999
Feet of Fury

Post#14 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:52 pm

Funny that you say that. Ours is running 10.7.5 (Mountain Lion).
"Sonic was never good, and if you disagree, you can call the cops."

-Some plebs at IGN

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#15 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:10 am

see, it goes even higher, I read up to 10.5 but I got a new macbook in 2013 so I don't follow the older stuff anymore
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

sega dude
undertow

Post#16 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:37 pm

I've been trying to make a working PC-DC Server for many years. With this guide, I've gotten closer to this than ever before. I'm using a Power Mac G4 (this model to be exact) running OS X 10.4.11. The Dreamcast has a Revision A modem, and I did not need a line voltage simulator. My Dreamcast actually connects, but I can't browse any sites with PlanetWeb. It always says "Unable to contact host. Could not look up it's name". I think it has something to do with the Dreamcast's DNS settings. I've tried my router's IP for DNS 1, and my ISP's DNS settings from my router for DNS 1 and 2, but neither of them worked. The Power Mac G4 is connected directly to my router via Ethernet, and internet sharing from Built in Ethernet to Built in Ethernet is turned on. I can browse the web just fine on the Power Mac G4. I don't currently own any Dreamcast games that can be played online. I suppose it could also be because the PlanetWeb sites are no longer up, but I can't find a way to enter a URL in PlanetWeb 3.0. Anyone have any ideas?

TacT
Uber

Post#17 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:40 pm

Make sure internet sharing is turned on. Sometimes it turns off on its own check that first
Try a site you know is up like Google or dreampipe.net
Will be a DNS lookup problem

it's still thinking.

sega dude
undertow

Post#18 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:37 pm

Got it working with my ISPs DNS settings from the router. It seems that the error was occurring because the PlanetWeb sites are no longer up. I managed to put in another URL and it loaded it just fine. I was able to navigate to all the sites I tried. I was even able to access a web server running on my local network. I can't thank you enough for this guide, after many many years, I FINALLY have a working PC-DC (or MAC-DC server in this case). I won a copy of PSO v1 on ebay today, can't wait to play it.

TacT
Uber

Post#19 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:36 pm

O I really hope it didn't take you Years to figure out that part lol. took me about a year or so also hah.
That's great you got it working! Can't wait to see you online!

it's still thinking.

sega dude
undertow

Post#20 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:23 pm

Finally got my copy of PSO v1 today. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to connect successfully. First I tried setting my DNS1 to Sylverant's IP (67.222.144.120) and setting DNS2 to 0.0.0.0. I saved the settings, then started up PSO. I connected as I would with the web browser. It seems to connect, but hangs at the loading screen (the one with the dreamcast buttons) for awhile, then eventually tells me it could not connect to the server. I also tried the Sylverant PSO Patcher disc (2.0), but I still couldn't connect. So I tried setting my DNS1 to Dreamcast-talk's server (173.69.38.20) and setting DNS2 to 0.0.0.0. Still couldn't connect. Am I doing something wrong?