PC-DC server on Vista/Win7/XP etc. (Sort of)

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Kingbuzzo
lithium

Re: PC-DC server on Vista/Win7/XP etc. (Sort of)

Post#31 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:59 am

I currently use this setup with an Aspire One Netbook, and a conexant usb modem. Works great.

luso_dreamcaster
dark night

Post#32 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:20 am

Kingbuzzo wrote:I currently use this setup with an Aspire One Netbook, and a conexant usb modem. Works great.

thanksssss! that's is great news but what material i need to connect my dc to my pc?

PS: if any1 ould make a video of this guide that would be great for noobs like me :P

Favrenation
Outrun

Post#33 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:10 am

it sounds like the zoom 3095 modem needs an A DC modem and a line voltage inducer for it to work. That explains why it would not work in windows 98 even with a Model A modem. On the linux guide Ryochan uses a good serial modem and a serial-usb converter.
PS2 Online Gaming

luso_dreamcaster
dark night

Post#34 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:23 am

can any1 make a video about this guide :P?

brourke228
Game Server Admin

Post#35 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:11 pm

I could maybe. I don't know any programs that record on-screen video though. Anyway what part of the guide are you having trouble with?
Regards,
brourke228

Dr. Pariolo
Pretty Fly for a White Guy

Post#36 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:17 pm

brourke228 wrote:I could maybe. I don't know any programs that record on-screen video though.

http://camstudio.org/

brourke228
Game Server Admin

Post#37 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:19 pm

Dr. Pariolo begin_of_the_skype_highlighting     end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting     end_of_the_skype_highlighting wrote:
brourke228 wrote:I could maybe. I don't know any programs that record on-screen video though.

Thanks, I'll check this out. How much space can i expect a video on this to take up at ~720p. Or do you have no clue? lol
Regards,
brourke228

luso_dreamcaster
dark night

Post#38 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:22 pm

brourke228 wrote:I could maybe. I don't know any programs that record on-screen video though. Anyway what part of the guide are you having trouble with?

i didnt start yet i want to know first what i need (material) to do this.

Dr. Pariolo
Pretty Fly for a White Guy

Post#39 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:23 pm

brourke228 wrote:
Dr. Pariolo wrote:

Thanks, I'll check this out. How much space can i expect a video on this to take up at ~720p. Or do you have no clue? lol

sorry i have no idea, it uses a different codec from fraps.. if it was fraps i could tell. but fraps wont do in your case because it only monitors game windows.

brourke228
Game Server Admin

Post#40 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:31 pm

luso_dreamcaster wrote:
brourke228 wrote:I could maybe. I don't know any programs that record on-screen video though. Anyway what part of the guide are you having trouble with?

i didnt start yet i want to know first what i need (material) to do this.

Well as far as materials go. All you'll need is a dreamcast, a modem, and if you have a "B" modem you will also need to build a line inducer. Other than that I listed everything on the first page of this topic that you need. I'm gonna try and make a video, but it might take a while because i'm unfamiliar with this program.
Regards,
brourke228