Dreamcast Now! Displaying Incorrect Game Title

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

livingonwheels
lithium

Dreamcast Now! Displaying Incorrect Game Title

Post#1 » Mon May 15, 2017 1:49 pm

I've noticed that the Dreamcast Now! page displays the incorrect game that is being played online. For example, Maximum Pool displays as playing Worms World Party. There were a couple others also which I will have to double check, but Starlancer is shown as being played frequently even though it could be PBA Bowling, for example.

Saiga GeneCast
dark night

Re: Dreamcast Now! Displaying Incorrect Game Title

Post#2 » Tue May 16, 2017 3:51 pm

Yeah, Tak and I had this issue when playing online yesterday. This needs to be fixed.

Xiden
Developer

Re: Dreamcast Now! Displaying Incorrect Game Title

Post#3 » Tue May 16, 2017 5:33 pm

Just a theory but this maybe something that can be fixed in the server software possibly. Instead of having the pi rely on what server its trying to dial into, maybe instead have the server send some sort of unique packet that identifies the game the user is connected to and stores in a file on the pi itself. Then when the pi reports to Dreamcast NOW it can just send the results of that file. When the DC disconnects, have the file erase, or if the pi is unplugged have the pi erase the file on boot up. That should fix all the games.