please help with dreampi!!

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

please help with dreampi!!

Post#1 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:44 pm

:oops:

Ok....I purchased a dreampi kit from pcwizrd and recieved it in the mail a few days ago.......since then he has been working tirelessly trying to help me get this thing working.......basically i get 1 light on the usb modem....it has been confirmed that my pi is connecting to the internet.....

today i hooked up the keyboard to the pi and was able to login to the pi and ping google successfully....still 1 light on the modem.....

i am at a loss...pc has done the best he can to help me so far......are there ANY ideaas......

Also, pc has confirmed that the usb modem IS compatible with my setup....i dont have a clue what to do...and am beyond frustrated at this point.

any help would be greatly appreciated....also, i'll try to get some pics of my setup uploaded tonight after my kids go to sleep

thank you all

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Re: please help with dreampi!!

Post#2 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:04 pm

wanted to add this as well.....when i go to my routers ip address...i can see the dreampi on the network.....was wondering is there something in my router settings for the pi thats blocking it from working correctly? a year or so ago i had to go in to my router settings and go to my xbox one's ip address and enable xbox live ....someone from the tech dept at 1800xbox had to walk me through it...

Xiden
Developer

Post#3 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:08 pm

1. Try reflashing the dreampi 1.6 image
2. Try different usb ports
3. Unplug everyting but the pi from the router. Though if you are able to ping google you wouldnt have a ip conflict. (What router are you using?)
4. Could have a broken usb modem that needs to be exchanged out.

Xiden
Developer

Post#4 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:10 pm

You could also try plugging the pi directly to your cable/dsl modem

DR TEAMCAST
Uber

Post#5 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:11 pm

ncman071 wrote: a year or so ago i had to go in to my router settings and go to my xbox one's ip address and enable xbox live ....someone from the tech dept at 1800xbox had to walk me through it...

That's very odd, might be the root of your issue

Because pinging is not TCP or UDP, it's technically port 0 which is called ICMP. It's possible it does connect and obtain an IP address, and can use ICMP pinging, but everything else is blocked. But this is just speculation

You could try running wget on a webpage, which should use HTTP (port 80 TCP). But try other stuff, like SSHing into the Pi, or using Packet Sender and Wireshark to see if the Pi receives and responds to the packets your sending at a given port

Again this is just speculation on my part, but what you mentioned above sounds very odd and probably is your issue

Goodluck
ImageImage
Forum for Dreamcast and Saturn browsers http://bb.dreampipe.net
Media, News, Events and more for your Sega Dreamcast internet browser at http://dreampipe.net

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Post#6 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:29 pm

wow...everything you said is wayyy over my head....i have no idea how to do those things

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Post#7 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:32 pm

Xiden wrote:You could also try plugging the pi directly to your cable/dsl modem

my dreampi is direclty connected to the router....also pcwizard13 tried to trouble shoot this with me and determined that my modem is fine and compatible

Xiden
Developer

Post#8 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:36 pm

ncman071 wrote:
Xiden wrote:You could also try plugging the pi directly to your cable/dsl modem

my dreampi is direclty connected to the router....also pcwizard13 tried to trouble shoot this with me and determined that my modem is fine and compatible

I mean unplug the router fron your modem and plug the pi to the cable modem instead directly so you bypass the routet. Just to see if it lights up then.

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Post#9 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:43 pm

ohh...my router is actually a modem/router combo..i...i have a dsl connection....just the router connected
to a phone line

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Post#10 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:55 pm

omg I HAVE 2 MODEM LIGHTS NOW!!! I WENT INTO MY ROUTER SETTINGS AND SET FIREWALL TO ALLOW ALL TRAFFIC AND BOTH LIGHTS ARE NOW ON!!