Reporting bugs with the PLANET RING server

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Neoblast
Developer
Dreamcast Games you play Online: ALL OF THEM

Reporting bugs with the PLANET RING server

Post by Neoblast »

Since it was he first public version, there's bound to be some although they shouldn't be many. So all feedback is welcome.

Please report the bugs here in this topic, or here in the project's site:
https://code.google.com/p/earthcall-project/issues/list
Nice try you fool! lol BBQ!

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All of them! I'm able to connect with dial-up or broadband.

Re: Reporting bugs with the PLANET RING server

Post by pcwzrd13 »

Ok, so after the game last night I have a couple bugs to point out.

-The voice chat did not work in both Spash and Dorobo. It didn't work on either end.

-I got kicked out of a game of Soar two times when trying to start it. The screen just went black and I was kicked back to the lobby. The table said "Do not disturb" and was still showing me sitting at it. This started after a new player, Chrissa, joined and was unable to confirm their controller type. See video below.

PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Neoblast
Developer

Post by Neoblast »

that happens when more than one player press the start game button.
It will be fixed soon, so for now... only one should press A to start the game.

The voice chat issue is normal because of the way the game is coded... dc-pc users will have to use the program we will release soon to fix that.

Dial up users between them should have no issues talking to each other.

Neoblast
Developer

Post by Neoblast »

Ok some things have been fixed:

- Messages are now working with full lenght, they are not cut anymore.
- Only the first player that joins the table should be able to start now, this fixes a lot of issues when various players started the game. This also gives te host the chance to wait for more people if he sees fit.

- German, French and Italian language set planet ring games should be able to see information boards now.

Indiket
Developer

Post by Indiket »

Just notice that r21 adds the messages and table start changes, and r22 the missing TEML files.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All of them! I'm able to connect with dial-up or broadband.

Post by pcwzrd13 »

I just found a new bug: Whenever I try and access the high scores for Soar: Fly High, the game freezes. All the other score boards seem to work fine. I do remember it working fine when I first played the game so it must be due to a recent change.
PSO Characters:

Impulse
Admin
Dreamcast Games you play Online: BBA Games

Post by Impulse »

Possible bug reported here: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtop ... f=3&t=5724
I am having trouble with planet ring and my linux PC-DC server. Every time I log in I get the "This table is full" on every table I go to. I did read that some people have resolved this by putting the PC-DC server in DMZ but this has not solved the problem for me....anybody have any ideas?

I am using the planet ring loader with an original GD-ROM with all ports forwarded in my router to the PC-DC server local IP...as well as the DMZ.
-Impulse

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post by pcwzrd13 »

We are trying to play a three player game of Bubble Ball today and brourke keeps getting kicked out of the game. The game continues as normal without him but if we finish the game, the server crashes and we all get disconnected. Yet if I exit the attraction instead, the server stays running and we don't get disconnected.
PSO Characters:

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post by pcwzrd13 »

I was just perusing over the leaderboards and noticed something a bit fishy. Somehow a time of 0.0, 0.02, or 0.04 doesn't seem possible! :lol:

PSO Characters:

Neoblast
Developer

Post by Neoblast »

That could have been triggered if someone disconnected just right after the game started.

It looks like there's some cleaning to do in the rankings.