I'm interested in getting back online with QIIIA, how!!!

Moderator: pcwzrd13

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol

I'm interested in getting back online with QIIIA, how!!!

Post#1 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:47 am

hey gang...

So I have ordered a BBA which should be here in a few weeks, I've already got both the PAL and NTSC U versions of the game, used to play on the PAL when it first came out back in 2000, wicked game but sadly fell prone to hackers and pc hackers etc to the point where it was unplayable.

I've been reading on here about something called Dreamcast Talk, how does that work? I have a mic from my Seaman and AFO game packs so is that all I need?

Also how does one actually get online with QIIIA?? Assuming I have BBA and Dreamkey 3.0 I think if I recall correctly you could just go to "internet game" on the NTSC version and enter a specific server id can't you?

any tips would be greatly appreciated. cheers guys

Pro
Guild Card: Odin #13044
Ultrapro; Oldskooling since 1990. Long Live DREAMCAST!!
Check out my Twitch channel!https://www.twitch.tv/ultrapro_dc

game_player_s
Graffiti Grind

Re: I'm interested in getting back online with QIIIA, how!!!

Post#2 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:18 am

Correct, US/NTSC version has the option to specify a server address, same as can be done on the PC version of the game. All you need to do is specify the server address and you should be good to go. Addresses and active status for the DC-T hosted servers are available here:
online_info.php
Now There are no Limits -- SEGA
http://www.tweeg.psoarchive.com/

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol

Post#3 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:01 am

ok thanks. I actually tried it out a while ago and got online no problem, didn't even have to specify the server, it seemed to auto connect to what I can only assume was the Game Spy servers, as there were open games but I could only find Bots. so I assume I just have to change the server id when I want to play on a DC=T Server right? are there normally any gamers from here on there?
Guild Card: Odin #13044
Ultrapro; Oldskooling since 1990. Long Live DREAMCAST!!
Check out my Twitch channel!https://www.twitch.tv/ultrapro_dc

TeamXlink
Rank 9

Post#4 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:30 pm

When you connect with your broadband adapter the server list will display most servers (All of the ones Dreamcast users play on) that are compatible with the Dreamcast.

The only setup that doesn't allow the server list to work is a Windows 98 PC-DC Server setup (Windows 2000/ME might not either, but I haven't tested them).

Favrenation
Outrun

Post#5 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:52 am

Windows ME is the same thing as 98. 2000 isnt the same cuz its NT based like XP. Linux or mac pc-dc servers allow it though.
PS2 Online Gaming