Sylverant Event: New Year, New Feature

Moderator: pcwzrd13

BlueCrab
Developer

Sylverant Event: New Year, New Feature

Post#1 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:18 pm

Those of you who don't visit the Sylverant website all that often might not have noticed that I'm currently running an event on the server, with prizes from the server donations pool. The gist of the event is simple: kill enemies and get rewarded in Dogecoin.

I'm lazy, so I'll just copy/paste what I said over on my site about it:

Last year, I started accepting donations in Dogecoins that would be put toward server events and whatnot. Today begins the first of these events! As of the time of the writing of this post, the donations wallet has just under 14,000 Dogecoins in it, so I’ll put 7,000 coins up for grabs in the event that starts today.

How the event will work is as follows, anyone who wishes to participate in this event (as well as any future events) must be logged into his or her account on the server (i.e, you have to have used the /login command in-game), and then must use the new /trackkills command. Once you do so, the server will keep track of the enemies you kill in-game and will automatically record them when you leave the team you’re in. Note: the new /trackkills command and enemy tracking will only work on recently updated ships, which means Iselia, Altimira, and Vega at the moment (hopefully Palmacosta updates relatively soon to enable this feature).

For the current event running, your kill counts of certain Episode 1 enemies (no, I’m not telling you which ones, but feel free to try to figure it out ;-) ) will be totaled up across all free-play (non quest, non challenge, non battle) teams that you participate in for the next month. At the end of the month, the top three players by that count will receive a prize. It’s as simple as that. First place will take home 4,000 DOGE, second place will take home 2,000 DOGE, and third place will take home 1,000 DOGE. Winners will be contacted by me after the end of the month to figure out where to send their winnings (and if any winners wish to reinvest their winnings in the donations pool, they are more than welcome to do so).

Anyway, I hope everyone enjoys our first server-wide event and I hope everyone has a great new year.

Frequently (or not so much) asked questions about server events:

• Do I need to run /trackkills every time? – No, once you log in (with “/login username password” on the server), and run the /trackkills command once, the shipgate will remember that you have opted-in to the server event and you won’t need to run the command again.
  • Why don’t enemies killed in a quest count? – I didn’t want anyone using any potential quests that might have a lot of enemies to get an unfair advantage for the event, so I set the event up so it wouldn’t count stuff killed in quests.
  • Why didn’t my kills get tracked? – First of all, as has already been said, if you played in a quest or a challenge or battle mode stage, nothing will get tracked. The team must be in free play mode the entire time you’re in it in order for your kills to count (Any ship updated to r774 or later will send count updates to the shipgate when a quest starts, so once a ship is at that version, you won’t have to worry about it. As of right now, Vega has not updated). Second, you might not have killed any of the enemies that are being counted. Only 15 Episode I enemy types are being counted for this event.
  • What enemy types are being counted for this event? – That’s classified information. ;-) Besides, it’s more fun if you don’t know. I’ll probably reveal that information once the event is over, but until then, I’m not saying anything.

VasiliyRS
Uber

Re: Sylverant Event: New Year, New Feature

Post#2 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:45 pm

Hmm, do i have an account? I use patcher disk ans ntsc-u copy in order to play not registered at Sylverant web site (do i have to?).

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#3 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:14 pm

You must have an account on sylverant.net and have your serial number and access key tied to your account (which means you can't participate in the event if you use a shared serial, since you can't register a shared serial). The /login command won't work otherwise.
"Fear the HUnewearl."

WildCard
Beats of Rage

Post#4 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:15 pm

very cool. need to make some time and rack up those kills.

WildCard
Beats of Rage

Post#5 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:16 pm

ok, possible dumb question. I apparently never registered the serial or access keys for my DC copies of the game when I opened my slyverant account a couple of years ago. I see a message on the account page that if I have previously played on the server with a copy of the game I cannot register the serial/key via the form and to email the admins to get a them registered. is this still true ? I can't seem to find any contact info on the site however (though I might just be dense).

thanks.

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#6 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:44 pm

Just send a PM to BlueCrab on DCemulation or here. ;)
"Fear the HUnewearl."

WildCard
Beats of Rage

Post#7 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:03 pm

Aleron Ives wrote:Just send a PM to BlueCrab on DCemulation or here. ;)

Durr... i'm an idiot. :oops:

thanks. 8-)