New DC game wont boot

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
3style
lithium

New DC game wont boot

Post#1 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:41 pm

Very strange this issue. I bought me a new fresh copy of ghost blade and this new game won't boot in my Japanese modded console. I tried the laser adjust method and I even ripped and burned it to a second cd, still no play.
It shows the Sega logo, the game logo and then it just bounces back to the Sega logo.
All my other games, US, Japanese and PAL they work like a charm. Even if discs are heavily scratched.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Re: New DC game wont boot

Post#2 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:57 pm

Does it load other burned games?

3style
lithium

Post#3 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:36 am

Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#4 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:48 pm

Yeah - load it several times and eventually it may get past the game logo. My copy was like this originally and then after numerous attempts my dc magically played it - and it worked every subsequent time.
Granted my dc only reads some cdr's - odd. I need to get it fixed. Could a different or odd cdr type be a culprit? My dc plays gdroms and some cdr's but not other cdr's. I can play ghost blade but not redux dark matters.