Official Sega Saturn NetLink Guide

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
hawkzer0
dirty sailor

Re: Official Sega Saturn NetLink VOIP Guide - SaturnPi

Post#121 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:26 pm

Does he have the ircs back up? last i checked he took them down so that may be why it doesnt work
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL

Xiden
Developer

Post#122 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:17 pm

Added a minor update to the guide. If you find port 5060 not working, 4000 is also a option to try!

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#123 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:18 pm

Found this cool project http://www.rockin-b.de/saturn-patching-planetweb.html maybe we could make a custom planet web browser to a section of dreampipe dedicated to the saturn. We could also put the voip Guide in it too, gonna look into this

Plastic
rebel

Post#124 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:29 pm

Will this work with Japanese games like shadow of the tusk?

Xiden
Developer

Post#125 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:58 pm

Plastic wrote:Will this work with Japanese games like shadow of the tusk?

Negative, the reason is because the Japanese Netlink games dialed some server up and then used a match making system to find the opponent. So worked like the Genesis/SNES games. Unless there's a special way to patch the Japanese games to work with the US Netlink... I know SEGARGPFAN was trying to figure something out on that.

SEGA RPG FAN
Developer

Post#126 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:00 pm

Xiden wrote:
Plastic wrote:Will this work with Japanese games like shadow of the tusk?

Negative, the reason is because the Japanese Netlink games dialed some server up and then used a match making system to find the opponent. So worked like the Genesis/SNES games. Unless there's a special way to patch the Japanese games to work with the US Netlink... I know SEGARGPFAN was trying to figure something out on that.

The Japanese Xband games also use a different modem. The Japanese Xband modem is not interchangeable with the North American Netlink. I've heard there's a way to get the Japanese games to direct dial, but even if so, it would require people to have the Japanese modem. I don't know how many people would be willing to invest in both the JP and US modems.
PSO Dreamcast 100% Legit: Eda FOmarl, Automaton HUcast

Xiden
Developer

Post#127 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:15 am

Forgot to include the SIP tab settings, also found that RTP 0.030 produced very good results with bomberman. Both me and Hawk had a near lag free experience. Still need to test with other netlink games to see how it will treat them.

Xiden
Developer

Post#128 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:47 am

Enjoyed some bomberman and sega rally with hawkzero :D sega rally 1st race was flawless, 2nd race was flawless til the near the end we got a couple of hiccups. I think it also just comes down to netlink hardware bring old lol

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Post#129 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:30 pm

After spending a few hours messing around the the files i am proud to release the ultimate version of web browser 3.0! It has all the links changed to either archived websites or dreampipe sites. It also includes xiden Voip guide built in complete with lots of pictures! Would have loved to have done version 4.0 but it turned out to be impossible. will also update it as time goes on with new links ect if dan make a saturn section. Also is hacked with jap and us region encoding
Attachments
pweb4.zip
(3.42 MiB) Downloaded 225 times

Xiden
Developer

Post#130 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:09 pm

Here are some saturn bomberman screens from my match with hawkzero

20170225_112310.jpg

20170225_112321.jpg

20170225_121314.jpg

20170225_121354.jpg

20170225_121506.jpg

20170225_121612.jpg

20170225_121947.jpg
Last edited by Xiden on Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.