Do ISO's need to be in a specific folder on the SD card?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
dafivehole
rebel

Do ISO's need to be in a specific folder on the SD card?

Post#1 » Sun May 01, 2016 1:11 pm

Dreamshell loads perfectly and I can navigate just fine... I can see the ISO's in the File Manager but the ISO loader doesn't see them... do they need to be in a specific folder? If so, which one?

Thank you,
Roger

dafivehole
rebel

Re: Do ISO's need to be in a specific folder on the SD card?

Post#2 » Sun May 01, 2016 1:34 pm

Well, it looks as though they need to be in the Apps folder, then in the ISO Loader folder. You can't scroll down so I need to create A-L and M-Z sub-folders to eliminate this problem so that all ISO's are visible... all's well now.

Thank you,
Roger

OGDCFAN99
Arabian Night

Post#3 » Mon May 02, 2016 4:09 pm

ISO's do not need to be in specific folders for the loader to read them and there is no need to put them in alphabetized folders unless you have a lot of stuff and need it to be organized like ROMs for an emulator.

To scroll down in the ISO loader hold X and push down on the joystick. I thought it wasn't recognizing some of my files either until I figured out how to scroll down successfully. Hope this helps.

dafivehole
rebel

Post#4 » Mon May 02, 2016 4:23 pm

Awesome info... I hadn't tried that "hold X and push down" move for scrolling...

Thank you,
Roger