Sonic the Movie!

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Sonic the Movie!

Post#1 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:07 am

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/sonic- ... 0-6434666/

I always did think sonic was a good fit for a big screen cgi movie.

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Re: Sonic the Movie!

Post#2 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:13 pm

I'm not sure the live action part is a good idea though. Making a straight pixar style movie may be the way to go.

androiddreamcast
dirty sailor

Post#3 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:41 pm

A pixar style movie would be better or anime style one like the sonic x cartoon or sega cd intro but you never see movies like that in the cinema. Still waiting for sega to make that cancelled vectorman movie that gave the wall-e creators their film plot

hudsthinking1999
Feet of Fury

Post#4 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:27 pm

I just thought of a WillYouPressTheButton thing.

"A Sonic the Hedgehog movie is made, but is written by Joel Cohen (the guy who co-wrote Garfield: The Movie and Cheaper by the Dozen)."

Michael Bay would also fit in that situation too, I guess.
"Sonic was never good, and if you disagree, you can call the cops."

-Some plebs at IGN

Presbytier
rebel

Post#5 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:41 pm

Just no. Seriously imagine something along the lines of the awful chipmunk movies and that is likewise what you get.Also consider the fact every time a sonic game has tried a story it turns into absolutely crap.
“Never pay more than 20 bucks for a game.” Guybrush Threepwood

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#6 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:12 pm

Perhaps with a kooky japanese manga flavour it might just work...

Green Ranger
killer

Post#7 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:39 pm

I hope I'm wrong, but with the way these films usually go, it'll likely be that Sonic and friends are living their life in their dimension, Eggman or someone else who's just as dastardly, opens a portal to our Earth where Sonic travels to and has to deal with the way our world works until he can find a way to get back to his dimension. Then we have the main human character who is down on his luck and needs some sort of change in his life, and that's when he meets Sonic and together they embark on an adventure neither of them saw coming. :roll:

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#8 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:09 am

Green Ranger wrote:I hope I'm wrong, but with the way these films usually go, it'll likely be that Sonic and friends are living their life in their dimension, Eggman or someone else who's just as dastardly, opens a portal to our Earth where Sonic travels to and has to deal with the way our world works until he can find a way to get back to his dimension. Then we have the main human character who is down on his luck and needs some sort of change in his life, and that's when he meets Sonic and together they embark on an adventure neither of them saw coming. :roll:

Have you read the script? :? :lol:

A wacky teenage girl character with blue or pink hair is inevitable, a bunch of kids too, oh and some evil corporate guy who teams up with eggman, and an orphaned little boy...

hudsthinking1999
Feet of Fury

Post#9 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:20 pm

Presbytier wrote:Just no. Seriously imagine something along the lines of the awful chipmunk movies and that is likewise what you get.Also consider the fact every time a sonic game has tried a story it turns into absolutely crap.

Yeah, I wouldn't want one with that director, either. I would just further ruin Sonic's reputation. :(
"Sonic was never good, and if you disagree, you can call the cops."

-Some plebs at IGN

krssn
Metallic

Post#10 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:29 pm

Michael Bay !? :lol:

Zoom screetch budda budda budda fwoosh !!!