Cannon Spike worth this much?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
DCGX
Vagabond

Re: Cannon Spike worth this much?

Post#11 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:09 pm

Cannon Spike is one game that has never made it to another system in any form, which I would assume is playing heavily into its price. I bought mine years ago from EB Games for less than $30. I was just playing it the other night with a friend of mine that has never played a Dreamcast (blasphemy I know!), and she was beside herself at its niche/fan service awesomeness.

My guess is we'll be seeing a lot of games yet to make it to other platforms (like Zero Gunner 2, also one of my favorite shooters) go up in price.

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#12 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:27 pm

DCGX wrote:Cannon Spike is one game that has never made it to another system in any form, which I would assume is playing heavily into its price. I bought mine years ago from EB Games for less than $30. I was just playing it the other night with a friend of mine that has never played a Dreamcast (blasphemy I know!), and she was beside herself at its niche/fan service awesomeness.

My guess is we'll be seeing a lot of games yet to make it to other platforms (like Zero Gunner 2, also one of my favorite shooters) go up in price.

Yes, I bought cannon spike when it was released. It does treat the characters affectionately. I must play it again sometime.
I didn't know it was a dc exclusive, it explains the high asking prices.

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#13 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:21 pm

I decided to look into Cannon Spike a little more, and apparently it was one of the last licensed releases in Europe as a GAME exclusive. So as far as the PAL version, there ya go.

krssn
Metallic

Post#14 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:32 pm

DCGX wrote:I decided to look into Cannon Spike a little more, and apparently it was one of the last licensed releases in Europe as a GAME exclusive. So as far as the PAL version, there ya go.

Yup, it's pretty rare. By the time this game came out they had pretty much stopped selling DC games altogether here in Belgium. Had to buy my copies of Cannon Spike, Evil Twin and Heavy Metal: Geomatrix in Cologne, Germany. One of the perks of working on the train back then... ^^

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#15 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:09 pm

I must have bought it around the same time as I got it upon release. Must have been the old game store in Cork city. All the game stores went under here in Ireland a few years back.

Smokey
lithium

Post#16 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:41 pm

I believe I paid $80 for my copy.

Gary_b
Quantic Dream

Post#17 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:03 am

I am pretty sure I paid under $20 for my copy, hell might of been under 10 bucks. I can't believe cannon spike is selling for so much. I never could get into it either.

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#18 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:53 am

I looked back at my trade history on GameTZ, and in 2004 I traded Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver and Atari Anniversary (both DC) for my copy of Cannon Spike. I'm pretty happy about that.

Smokey
lithium

Post#19 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:38 am

Gary_b wrote:I am pretty sure I paid under $20 for my copy, hell might of been under 10 bucks. I can't believe cannon spike is selling for so much. I never could get into it either.

You can blame Gamestop and their retro game sales now :P Also Ebay......

I purchased my copy thru Gamestop cuz i've been burned with fakes on Ebay before and I figured if anything, I could return it in-store much easier than via sending it back to a seller in hopes of a refund, etc.

Gary_b
Quantic Dream

Post#20 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:30 am

I just ordered Worms World Party through Gamestop. It was 9.99 so I thought that I was saving a few bucks, but they charged me $5.99 for shipping so it really did not save me anything. I also do not know if the game is complete. Not sure if I would use Gamestops online service again. If the game comes complete and n working order I might consider it.