List of 60FPS Dreamcast Games

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Re: List of 60FPS Dreamcast Games

Post#71 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:33 pm

DarkSynbios wrote:Mag Force Racing also runs in 60fps.

I actually meant to add that a while ago but I forgot. Thanks for the reminder! :)
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Post#72 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:43 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:
DarkSynbios wrote:Mag Force Racing also runs in 60fps.

I actually meant to add that a while ago but I forgot. Thanks for the reminder! :)

Just note thay Its only applicable to single player, and even then, its not locked 60FPS unfortunately.
It's STILL Thinking Dreamcast Channel

The ReviveDC Project blog; reviews for our releases and news

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#73 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:38 pm

CD AGES wrote:Just note thay Its only applicable to single player, and even then, its not locked 60FPS unfortunately.

I'm not really concerned about little details like that. If the game reaches 60fps at any point then it's on the list. :)
PSO Characters:

CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Post#74 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:14 pm

Wouldn't call it little details as its quite apparent, but fair enough.
It's STILL Thinking Dreamcast Channel

The ReviveDC Project blog; reviews for our releases and news

SmokeMonster
shadow

Post#75 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:32 pm

Great work compiling this list. Thanks for putting it together!

segata sanshiro
Cracked LCD

Post#76 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:00 pm

Hey guys, last night while showing some survival horror stuff to my son, we found another one:
Carrier! 60FPS!

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#77 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:26 pm

segata sanshiro wrote:Hey guys, last night while showing some survival horror stuff to my son, we found another one:
Carrier! 60FPS!

Added! Thanks!
PSO Characters:

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#78 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:03 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:Half-Life runs at 15-20fps :lol:.

Oh I COMPLETELY believe that lol! Too bad it is so slow. Blue Shift however runs a LOT better since it was built with the Dreamcast in mind from the ground up! You should see how fast that runs.

Also can you see how fast the Half-Life mod Paranoia runs? Override said he got a stable 45fps with it, but somehow I doubt that since that mod had higher polys than even the stock game.

http://www.theisozone.com/downloads/dre ... v11-final/

I have been thinking of modding the game and reverting the DC Half-Life assets to the PC version to make it run way faster. Also, I am pretty sure an overclock might help here speed wise.

scaryred24
Sunday Shootout

Post#79 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:15 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:Half-Life runs at 15-20fps :lol:.

To me it runs more from like 60 htz maximum to like 8 htz minimum. Part of the reason which Is I got a hold the repack floating around the internet somewhere.

Anthony817 wrote:Oh I COMPLETELY believe that lol! Too bad it is so slow. Blue Shift however runs a LOT better since it was built with the Dreamcast in mind from the ground up! You should see how fast that runs.

Really? I played through Blue Shift without seeing the game run that stable, but by the time I got to Xen, I was seeing 8 fps at the spinning platforming section. I'll state it again, I got the repack which sacrifices performance for faster load times.

Anthony817 wrote:Also can you see how fast the Half-Life mod Paranoia runs? Override said he got a stable 45fps with it, but somehow I doubt that since that mod had higher polys than even the stock game.

I really got to see how they managed to do that.

Anthony817 wrote:http://www.theisozone.com/downloads/dreamcast/dreamcast-isos/half-life-mod-paranoia-v11-final/

But Firedrop is so slow. Anytime I see the download from an alternative recommended mirror with fast speeds I always choose that, but I'm also a cheap ass so I will not pay for a subscription for better speeds.

Anthony817 wrote:I have been thinking of modding the game and reverting the DC Half-Life assets to the PC version to make it run way faster. Also, I am pretty sure an overclock might help here speed wise.

Good luck with that project of yours. :D
My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $2623 ($699 with sales)
  • Games owned: 250
  • Games played: 146 (58%)
  • Hours on record: 1,948.2h

http://www.speedtest.net/result/7087109286Image

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#80 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:40 pm

Well I uploaded it 5 years ago and the link still works, but my net is messed up now so I can't reupload it. If you want to test it you can.

Anyways, I am only going by what Override said after he ported it. The thing is that the engine was just never 100% optimized the way it should have been. Sure it looks better than the PC version, but that means fuckall if it runs like crap.

There was even a review of a supposed white label copy that some UK guys got to review and even then they said it ran like shit on their version. I am pretty sure our version is earlier than their review build, so it looks like it would have never been optimized like it should have.

I created a pack of all Half-Life Dreamcast paper media scans I could get my hands on a few years ago, if you want to read them grab it below. It shows so much more about the history of the port and potential features the Online version would have had. They planned on supporting PC mods so I guess that is why it is no surprise that the game allows PC mod ports easily.

http://www.theisozone.com/downloads/dre ... mega-pack/

It is interesting to see what the reviews and previews ultimately said about a game so close to releasing but never quite made it. Who knows? That UK review could have played a part in them not releasing it as they saw it would have had problems so close to the release?