List of 60FPS Dreamcast Games

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Re: List of 60FPS Dreamcast Games

Post#21 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:42 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:Added the Japanese version of Sega Rally 2, NBA 2K, NBA 2K1, NFL 2K, NFL 2K1, and NCAA 2K2.

Oddly enough, NHL 2K only runs at 30fps. Not sure about the sequels though.

US Sega Rally can also run in the same frameratecas the JPN version via an in game cheat code if I recall correct.

NHL only had one Sequel on the DC no? And I believe it runs at a higher framerate too. Don't quote me tho. Its been a while :?
It's STILL Thinking Dreamcast Channel

The ReviveDC Project blog; reviews for our releases and news

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#22 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:23 pm

CD AGES wrote:US Sega Rally can also run in the same frameratecas the JPN version via an in game cheat code if I recall correct.

Oh yeah! I think rjay63 mentioned that during the DC Live competition I had a while back.

CD AGES wrote:NHL only had one Sequel on the DC no? And I believe it runs at a higher framerate too. Don't quote me tho. Its been a while :?

There are two sequels: NHL 2K1 & 2K2. I don't have either one to test though.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

lastcallgames
Vagabond

Post#23 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:14 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:There are two sequels: NHL 2K1 & 2K2. I don't have either one to test though.

No, they skipped 2k1 and didn't come out with a game until 2k2 (and even that came out in February, well after EA's NHL 2002). It was the last DC game released in the States officially. I even reviewed it for the first game I did. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJUWEy1khJ8)

I don't know how to test it, since my software doesn't do FPS, and I can't tell the difference between 30 and 60 by eye.

CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Post#24 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:28 pm

...? No NHL 2K1 from what I remember.
It's STILL Thinking Dreamcast Channel

The ReviveDC Project blog; reviews for our releases and news

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#25 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:52 pm

Yeah you guys are right. I saw that there was a 2K2 so I just assumed there was a 2K1.
PSO Characters:

GameOverYeah
Graffiti Grind

Post#26 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:05 am

There was no 2K1, I'm assuming for budgetary reasons?

TuxTheWise
Dreamcast Addicted

Post#27 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:40 am

lastcallgames wrote:I've heard Toy Commander does, and I have a hard time thinking Crazy Taxi does.

At least it doesn't hold 60 FPS, sometimes it gets down to like...10.

Being 60 FPS does not mean it doesn't have slowdowns, it just means that it doesn't have a "natural" frame skip to 30 FPS or lower.

Toy Commander is not 60 FPS, although Toy Racer is (missing in the list).

To identify a 60 FPS game: play the game for a while, then switch to Sonic Adventure. If the game looks terribly choppy, then you were playing a 60 FPS game :)

Aleron Ives wrote:There isn't really such a thing as being "locked" to 60 FPS. If the game tries to draw more on the screen than the hardware can handle, you're going to get slow motion.

Just a small note, some games are "locked" to 30 FPS (or lower).

Off-topic: How can Rayman 2 be SO BEAUTIFUL and run at 60 fps? I guess it's a mistery xD
- Check Dreamcast-Talk Downloads Index and help uploading games too!

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#28 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:58 am

TuxTheWise wrote:Toy Commander is not 60 FPS, although Toy Racer is (missing in the list)

Just tested Toy Racer and it runs at 30fps.

Edit: Added Ready 2 Rumble Boxing, Ready 2 Rumble Boxing: Round 2, and Reel Fishing Wild.
PSO Characters:

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#29 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:25 pm

TuxTheWise wrote:Just a small note, some games are "locked" to 30 FPS (or lower).

We seem to be using the word "locked" in different contexts in this thread. :lol:

The point is that some people seem to think that a game isn't 60 FPS if it slows down sometimes, and that's not the case. If a game ever runs at 60 FPS, then it's a 60 FPS game. If it runs in slow motion a lot, then that just means it was programmed poorly and pushes the system too hard. It's still a 60 FPS game, though. The only way to make a game run at 60 FPS all the time is to program it efficiently so it never tries to do more than the hardware can handle. It has nothing to do with "locking" the FPS to 60. Some games run in slow motion when the hardware can't keep up, and some games activate frame skipping to reduce the FPS during intense scenes.

It's also something of a misnomer to say that some games are "locked" to 30 FPS, as if they were supposed to run at 60 but were artificially "capped" somehow. Some games are designed to run at 60, while other games are designed to run at 30. It's up to the creators' discretion to determine how the game will look and perform at its best on the console's hardware. Pretty much all console games are designed with a target framerate, because a console game is designed with fixed hardware in mind. Modern PC games are designed to run on a variety of CPUs and GPUs, so they all employ variable framerates and will run as smoothly as your PC will allow.
"Fear the HUnewearl."

segata sanshiro
Cracked LCD

Post#30 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:26 pm

some more
- Samba De Amigo
- Samba De Amigo ver.2000
- Cosmic Smash