List of 60FPS Dreamcast Games

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Re: List of 60FPS Dreamcast Games

Post#41 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:25 pm

Added Tee Off Golf, UFC: Ultimate Fighting Championship, Unreal Tournament, Vigilante 8: 2nd Offense, Virtua Athlete 2000, Virtua Fighter 3tb, Wetrix+, Who Wants to Beat Up a Millionaire (yes really), World Series Baseball 2K1, and Worms World Party.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

hudsthinking1999
Feet of Fury

Post#42 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:33 pm

"Who Wants To Beat Up a Millionaire"? Sounds humorous. :)
"Sonic was never good, and if you disagree, you can call the cops."

-Some plebs at IGN

GameOverYeah
Graffiti Grind

Post#43 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:23 am

WSB2K1's graphics have aged rather well. Well, the fields and crowds maybe not so much, but the player models and animations are impressive (especially the faces)

segata sanshiro
Cracked LCD

Post#44 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:35 am

more:
- Border Down (solid 60)
- Under Defeat (solid 60)
- Triggerheart Exelica (some slowdown)
- Trizeal (lots of slowdown)

PS: isnt Unreal solid 30fps? i'll check tonight

Also the port of DOOM i think is 60 fps, but not sure.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#45 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:05 am

segata sanshiro wrote:more:
- Border Down (solid 60)
- Under Defeat (solid 60)
- Triggerheart Exelica (some slowdown)
- Trizeal (lots of slowdown)

Added! Thanks!

segata sanshiro wrote:PS: isnt Unreal solid 30fps? i'll check tonight

I was surprised at this one as well since the game is well known to be poorly optimized on the Dreamcast but it is indeed 60fps. Although UT has always seemed smoother than Quake so I guess this explains it.
PSO Characters:

segata sanshiro
Cracked LCD

Post#46 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:04 pm

Checked Unreal, you're right technically it reaches 60, but most of the time skips a lot.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#47 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:04 pm

segata sanshiro wrote:Checked Unreal, you're right technically it reaches 60, but most of the time skips a lot.

Well that's a given! :lol: As long as it's "supposed to" run at 60fps then it goes on the list. :) It really depends on the map and number of players with UT. It will run really smooth on a small map with only a few CPU players but it will chug on large maps with a lot of CPU players.
PSO Characters:

krssn
Metallic

Post#48 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:26 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:
segata sanshiro wrote:Checked Unreal, you're right technically it reaches 60, but most of the time skips a lot.

Well that's a given! :lol: As long as it's "supposed to" run at 60fps then it goes on the list. :) It really depends on the map and number of players with UT. It will run really smooth on a small map with only a few CPU players but it will chug on large maps with a lot of CPU players.

Would overclocking make any difference? Or would that boost other things but not help with the framerate drop?...

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#49 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:51 pm

krssn wrote:Would overclocking make any difference? Or would that boost other things but not help with the framerate drop?...

I have no idea. There are other ways to increase the framerate though. There's a guide here that's really helpful. Disabling decals makes a huge difference. That being said, the game is still perfectly playable for the most part. I played through the whole thing without any framerate enhancements.
PSO Characters:

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#50 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:39 pm

It would almost certainly help, but I doubt UT is worth turning your DC into a puddle of molten plastic.
"Fear the HUnewearl."