List of bad games for dreamcast.

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
MrAlextov
MegaDeath

List of bad games for dreamcast.

Post#1 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:56 am

Hello, a list of bad games maybe will good to some nerds review them...

List:
[*]Spirit of Spped 1937
[*]Taxi 2 Le Jeu (PAL, Not confused with Crazy Taxi 2)

The first of the list:
Just started Java Programming Learning...

Comrade Snarky
Vagabond

Re: List of bad games for dreamcast.

Post#2 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:08 pm

Virtua Athlete 2k

Dreamcaseal
letterbomb

Post#3 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:19 pm

id be lying if i said i thought most dreamcast games were good these days.

if it werent for phantasy star online, the cool hud and music in quake 3, San Francisco Rush 2049. 4x4 evolution. i wouldnt have anything nice to say about the dreamcast besides i like the design of it. i consider things like sonic adventure and dead or alive nothing more than graphical power demonstrations

Dreamcastgaga
Roadster

Post#4 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:12 pm

Blue Stinger!

Although it is also kind of a guilty pleasure..

segata sanshiro
Cracked LCD

Post#5 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:02 am

Hey, come on guys... hating classics like Blue Stinger or Sonic is just unfair. Its like hating an old girlfriend... you liked her then, so what happened? I would separate personal taste, in order to form an objective view (actually thats impossible, but lets try to get as close as possible). What is a bad game for me? A game that has no soul, a game made for the sole purpose of selling, a lazy or incompetent port, a game that has no substance.
Games like Blue Stinger are like B movies, sure they're questionable on the surface, but enjoyable for the crazy unrestrained ideas and humor... the developers were exploring new grounds and possibilities, they ventured far into something never done before, they challenged an unknown territory: the new hardware, the relative beginnings of 3D games, the deeper storytelling, they wrote their own engines, own camera systems, own collision systems, own particles, physics, texture compression... the list goes on (the Dreamcast's DTX and PVR texture compressions are still used in modern 3D engines). I personally respect those games much more than current-gen action games (most using UDK which comes with tons of templates for everything... and yes for me every game using the Unreal engine looks like Gears Of War).
In conclusion, almost every game has some merit, it was created with an idea, people spent time and energy bringing it into existence.

And that can be felt, not deduced by looking at it from a technical standpoint, or from the distance of time... It's not about loving or hating... if a game is bad, you wouldn't even remember it.

Hunk_4TH
Anarki

Post#6 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:27 pm

Actually despite the controls I enjoyed Blue Stinger for what it was.

ItsThinking95
shadow

Post#7 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:17 pm

Carrier is pretty awful.
He shall appear from a far eastern land across the sea. A young man who has yet to know his potential. This potential is a power that could either destroy him or realize his will. His courage shall determine his fate...

Crystal Triad
Developer

Post#8 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:01 pm

Caesar's Palace 2000.

DC4EVER
rebel

Post#9 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:35 am

Everyone entitled to their opinion Carrier is not a bad game. Far from perfect an slightly excessive backtracking but other than that i enjoyed it. The game i hate an i havent touched it since it came out is Fighting Force 2.

streeker
fragger

Post#10 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:20 am

We've already had this topic some time ago...
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5501