Respect Bluecrab

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All of them! I'm able to connect with dial-up or broadband.

Re: Respect Bluecrab

Post by pcwzrd13 »

everynewday84 wrote:Ill just be blunt; it's disappointing that you'd even joke about that. The thread is about thanking and respecting bluecrab for his hard work and achievements. Suggesting or joking that the thread will be locked for whatever reason just bothers me. :?

I respect the work he's done for you and I, and I see this joke as largely inappropriate.

You misunderstand why I thought this thread would be locked. As you can see in the on the first page, I made a "Thank You Post" as well. game_player_s is the reason I thought this thread would be locked. Fortunately it looks like the thread didn't escalate into a big argument like I thought it would. Let the thanks continue! :D
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live
dark
Shark Patrol

Post by dark »

Respect to bluecrab! ...and Dan Potter!
Alec1382
Vagabond
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Quake 3 Arena, Phantasy Star Online V2

Post by Alec1382 »

I'm soon to take advantage of the fruits of BlueCrab's labour. Thanks in advance!
BlueCrab
Developer

Post by BlueCrab »

dark wrote:Respect to bluecrab! ...and Dan Potter!

I guess that someone knows something else I've worked on other than Sylverant. ;)
DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Phantasy Star Online
Quake 3 Arena

Post by DCUltrapro »

thanks bud for all your hard work, I love still being able to use PSO and via BBA no less! I need to get back on it soon as I've been inactive with my DC over the passed few months, getting married/turning 30 will do that to a guy but now I'm back and better than ever!

thanks again mate, DC online scene wouldn't be the same without what you've done
Guild Card: Odin #13044
Ultrapro; Oldskooling since 1990. Long Live DREAMCAST!!
Check out my Twitch channel!https://www.twitch.tv/ultrapro_dc
everynewday84
Nemesis
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO, Quake 3

Post by everynewday84 »

Thanks moderators 8-)
Last edited by everynewday84 on Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
BlueCrab
Developer

Post by BlueCrab »

game_player_s wrote:Seriously Aleron, time to get over it. This was never about you, or even the EP in specific (though it may have seemed like it since it was an easy to use reference), it has been about BlueCrab's extremely controversial "PSO Global Server Rules", which has split the already small PSO community that exists here on Dreamcast-Talk. Perhaps you've been AFK everytime I've been on AIM since the BlueCrab affair started last month, or maybe you're ignoring me, both are possibilities. But anytime you want to chat with me you know how to get in touch with me. This whole "not knowing what's gottent into me lately" thing is pointless as I'm always available to chat when I'm logged into AIM.
The "Global Server Rules" were decided on unanimously amongst Aleron Ives, Impulse, and myself (the active Global GMs). I did not implement these rules unilaterally or anything else of the like. In fact, I was probably the one with the least amount of input on the rules (mainly because I generally trust people not to be jackasses and such)... I've expressed this several times, and it always seems to get conveniently ignored...

And as for me not playing on Vega (or Sylverant at all) lately, rather hard to do seeing as I and one other I regularly played with got banned by BlueCrab over a month ago for questioning the vagueness of his server rules... or did no one else read the post of a certain Blue-someone annoucing my banishment before a certain moderator deleted it? Even if unbanned, there's no returning to Sylverant for me.
I don't know what you're talking about as NOBODY has ever been banned from Sylverant globally (other than on my test server when I was initially writing the functionality). The bans list is completely empty. Anyone who told you that they were banned from Sylverant globally is lying, flat out. I've never banned anyone from Sylverant, nor from any ships, nor has anyone else globally banned anyone. To prove it, here's the bans table as it stands today in the database:

Code: Select all

mysql> select * from bans;
Empty set (0.01 sec)

mysql> desc bans;
+-----------+------------------+------+-----+------------+----------------+
| Field     | Type             | Null | Key | Default    | Extra          |
| ban_id    | int(11)          | NO   | PRI | NULL       | auto_increment |
| reason    | varchar(256)     | YES  |     | NULL       |                |
| startdate | int(10) unsigned | NO   |     | 0          |                |
| enddate   | int(10) unsigned | NO   |     | 4294967295 |                |
| setby     | int(11)          | YES  | MUL | NULL       |                |
5 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Note that bans don't get cleared from the bans table when they expire, as there is an expiration date that gets checked as well. It was implemented this way in order to make it so that we could track repeat offenders relatively easily. That said, to this day, other than my testing bans when I implemented global bans on my test server, the /gban commands have never been used on Sylverant (or there would be a record of it in there).

I can also assure you that the ban list for Iselia is empty, as the file doesn't even exist on the server for it (it gets created the first time someone is banned from the ship). In addition, there is no bans file for Altimira either, so nobody's been banned there either. The only ship I can't say anything about is Vega. However, I know I've never banned anyone from there, and I doubt that Aleron Ives has either. Thus, the only people that could have are Impulse, Dr. Pariolo, Neoblast, and a few other global GMs who haven't been active in a long while and probably wouldn't even know how to ban people anyway (this excludes anyone that may have been made a local GM on Vega, since I do not know if there was anyone ever on that list other than K_I_R_E_E_K).

Also, I wouldn't ban someone for questioning me, as long as it didn't turn into outright hostility or threats except under very exceptional circumstances. Its actually quite hard to make me angry, generally. Its even more difficult to force me into action.
Aleron Ives
Outrun
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Phantasy Star Online
Phantasy Star Online Ver.2

Post by Aleron Ives »

game_player_s wrote:Seriously Aleron, time to get over it.

I'll stop calling out your ridiculous accusations and correcting your misinformation when you stop making such posts. I will do so once again by reiterating BlueCrab's statements and saying that nobody is currently banned on Sylverant, and I have never even used the ban commands. I don't know why you can't connect, and we can probably diagnose your connection problem, but it is certainly not related to the (empty) ban list.
"Fear the HUnewearl."
Neoblast
Developer
Dreamcast Games you play Online: ALL OF THEM

Post by Neoblast »

THIS THREAD IS ONLY TO THANK AND RESPECT BLUECRAB. KEEP IT CLEAN GUYS.
Nice try you fool! lol BBQ!
SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post by SMiTH »

congrats bluecrab.