A Dreamcast shout out by Juniorfan.

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
CD AGES
Shark Patrol
Dreamcast Games you play Online: http://www.youtube.com/user/CDages

Re: A Dreamcast shout out by Juniorfan.

Post by CD AGES »

I may have heard somewhere that the maracas use infrared, though I'm unsure. Take a look at the wire coming from the maracas; the little plastic piece there is the motion sensor.
Ultrasonic transmitter to be exact.
It's STILL Thinking Dreamcast Channel

The ReviveDC Project blog; reviews for our releases and news

elmagicochrisg
Metallic
Dreamcast Games you play Online: None for the moment I'm afraid... lol

Post by elmagicochrisg »

CD AGES wrote:
I may have heard somewhere that the maracas use infrared, though I'm unsure. Take a look at the wire coming from the maracas; the little plastic piece there is the motion sensor.
Ultrasonic transmitter to be exact. :ugeek:
Corrected... ;)
Come, bow before your King!... Bow ya shits!...

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new and sealed)

Alec1382
Vagabond
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Quake 3 Arena, Phantasy Star Online V2

Post by Alec1382 »

CD AGES wrote:
Ultrasonic transmitter to be exact.
Strange. I'm surprised all the Latin music doesn't interfere with the signals. (Kidding, of course.)

MrSega

Post by MrSega »

Neohound wrote:Lol yes, the fishing controller's motion was quite basic ! Still a fun peripheral though :)

Btw, the first videogame motion controller appeared way before the Dreamcast, or even the Genesis. Back in 1981, if you owned a Commodore 64 or an Atari 2600, you could purchase 'Le Stick', a four way motion controller which used mercury in it's construction. It wasn't very successful due to a high price and the fact that no specific games were made for it, although it could be used on most titles already available.
I remember "Le Stick". In EGM #137, they mentioned on how players didn't like the idea of using a controller that didn't have joystick feature. Le Stick basically looked a sword shealth and only had one fire button.

elmagicochrisg
Metallic
Dreamcast Games you play Online: None for the moment I'm afraid... lol

Post by elmagicochrisg »

There is a 'playing with le stick' joke in there somewhere...
Come, bow before your King!... Bow ya shits!...

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new and sealed)

sega_SHARK
photon blast
Dreamcast Games you play Online: wanna play quake and pso_ver2

Post by sega_SHARK »

"Ponies, why did it have to be Ponies?"

Say Guh

MrSega

Post by MrSega »

elmagicochrisg wrote:Don't forget the maracas... ;)

Also let's not forget Patrick Goschy either...
That's awesome! Its amazing that a 3rd party company let alone Midway had a concept for motion sensor technology back in 2000.

Showing me that, makes me HATE the Wii even more than I already do.

jalvarez82
MicroMidget

Post by jalvarez82 »

Bottom line... Anyone who has something bad to say about to Dreamcast is either a SEGA hater (Nintendo fanboy most of the time), or is a youngster who has played nothing but next gen. consoles all their life. That's gotta be the only rational explanation.

stu
Feet of Fury

Post by stu »

MrSega wrote:

You hate the Wii? Wow I could never tell :lol:

Here's a video for you MrSega .. I think you need to "Bust-a-Wii" as well :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zomygUNe5w[/youtube]

MrSega

Post by MrSega »

stu wrote:
MrSega wrote:

You hate the Wii? Wow I could never tell :lol:

Here's a video for you MrSega .. I think you need to "Bust-a-Wii" as well :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zomygUNe5w[/youtube]
There are little redeeming qualities about the Wii. Its bad enough Nintendo recycled Gamecube's tech, build a console that couldn't technically compete against next gen hardware, and allowed dozens of really shitty shovelware party games to flood its library, but to learn that Nintendo actually LIED about the system being revolutionary and that they stole an idea from an ambitious engineer at Midway that had planned on using it for Dreamcast which could have been a jumpstarter for the console, is sickening.