Kung Fu Factory's "Girl Fight" port to Dreamcast

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
PhiseJr
drunken sailor

Re: Kung Fu Factory's "Girl Talk" port to Dreamcast

Post#11 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:45 pm

Of course i wasn't implying that you or anyone wanted the game for free i was just implying that im pretty sure people of the community wouldnt expect the game to be created or released for free. This company and BlazBlue are on completely different levels being they they are indie developers and blazblue are creators of GuiltyGear, Dragon Ball Z titles and much more than Kung Fu Factory.

but i didn't mean anything offensive in my post. im all for opinions and point of views. :-D i dont know how much it will take but from the game only see one stage that looks like it will be a problem hopefully they can listen to us.
ドリームキャスト Dorīmukyasuto

elmagicochrisg
Metallic

Post#12 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:50 pm

PhiseJr wrote:Here's a link to the GDC review

http://shoryuken.com/2012/03/09/girl-fi ... lkthrough/

the game actually looks great. I hope it does come to the DC.

here's my facebook post

http://www.facebook.com/kungfufactory?sk=wall

Just 'liked' that FB post. With me and you included only 3 likes!?...

For shame... :|
Come, bow before your King!... Bow ya shits!...

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new and sealed)

PhiseJr
drunken sailor

Post#13 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:54 pm

elmagicochrisg wrote:
PhiseJr wrote:Here's a link to the GDC review

http://shoryuken.com/2012/03/09/girl-fi ... lkthrough/

the game actually looks great. I hope it does come to the DC.

here's my facebook post

http://www.facebook.com/kungfufactory?sk=wall

Just 'liked' that FB post. With me and you included only 3 likes!?...

For shame... :|

Sadly yes but lets give it sometime i hope more people come around. The game might not be the best but it might open more people to develop as far as indie developers cause there's still a market available on a platform that cost no money, licensing wise to create a game.
ドリームキャスト Dorīmukyasuto

PhiseJr
drunken sailor

Post#14 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:02 am

FB post from Kung Fu Factory

" Kung Fu Factory ‎@Eddie / Koku - Definitely going to poke around a bit. Our engine is proprietary and uses a variety of tools, languages, but still curious to look into DC scene and check it out. Besides we need new games for DC ourselves anyways! "

I hope someone could help me spread this around some more as to other forums that of course are in favor of the dreamcast.
ドリームキャスト Dorīmukyasuto

BrianC
Dreamcast Swirl

Post#15 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:05 am

Wow, it usually takes at least a few days before someone makes me eat my words but it really does sound like they are considering it! It looks like quite an advanced game so I figured it would be silly to ask that of them but I will gladly join your cause and contact them as well in the morning (as usual, when I sober up). I need a new cause since IGN (pricks) hasn't responded to my long e-mail regarding a front page article begging for a U.S. release of Phantasy Star Online 2 complete with a petition :(

BrianC
Dreamcast Swirl

Post#16 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:21 am

You've also inspired me to get in contact with the developer of one of my favorite games. The game is called Swarm Arena and was made by one guy, Simon over at Dedication Games. It did ok for a while on the PC but now no one really plays which is a shame because it is the best competitive multiplayer game ever made! The game runs in DX9 so I don't know if scaling it back is even an option but what the hell, can't hurt to try :D

PhiseJr
drunken sailor

Post#17 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:44 am

"You never know what you can do, until you try!" a phrase that hung up over my classroom as a banner in the 2nd grade and it stuck to me ever since.

We can always try something and we'll never know the outcome until then.

If we can get more small developers creating games for the community and more start to follow it will create more attention to the scene. Then we can actually get more results and it would make history as a console that didnt die, but came back to life. I myself have a game design i've been working on but my lack of programming is hindering its progress, though I am learning. once i can get something started i can create a team and help progression of this game.

And as far as PSO2 i think we should take it to Pso-world because thats where the larger fans of pso are, and dc forums, these mainstream sites like IGN dont seem very supportive because they want to give news of the mainstream consoles.

we have PSO-WORLD, Gametrailers, onlineconsoles, and Facebook to build a community and get some support.And as far as PSO, i think the Phantasy Star 0 for the DS might be a good port if they of course get the touch features out of the way.

hopefully the guy making the GD-ROM emulator can get it complete cause that will help with development also.

But back to the topic. I give these guys my full respect because they are giving me some hope and i'm glad i was actually able to get through to them as well as a few responses.

EDIT: Swarm Arena Looks Awesome, like alternate Geometry Wars. I LIKE
ドリームキャスト Dorīmukyasuto

dreamcast-news
Prince of Persia

Post#18 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:02 am

- Dev - Hacks - Homebrews - Games - Demos -

elmagicochrisg
Metallic

Post#19 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:10 am

dreamcast-news wrote:Thanks.
Newsed for French : http://dreamcast-news.blogspot.com/2012 ... mcast.html

Haha, it's already a news article now... ><
Come, bow before your King!... Bow ya shits!...

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new and sealed)

PhiseJr
drunken sailor

Post#20 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:03 am

Thanks for all the support, Lets encourage this port hopefully it can come to life. And thank you Dreamcast-News for the support.
ドリームキャスト Dorīmukyasuto