What Did You Get Your Dreamcast Recently?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
DCGX
Vagabond

Re: What Did You Get Your Dreamcast Recently?

Post#911 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:45 am

Steering wheels for racing games is a concept I want to like so much, but I always do better with the analog stick on the standard controller.

Picked up Dino Crisis on eBay for below market value. It's so odd that a later DC release like Dino Crisis doesn't support VGA natively. But I guess the switch trick is better than nothing.

akumajobelmont
undertow

Post#912 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:54 am

HuntrRose wrote:comgrats! its a great feeling.. even better when you get into some games.. looking forward to playing with ya sometime!

Cheers! Yeah, it really is. Even though it's slow and old-hat to everybody, for me it still feels like wizardry, haha! It would have blown my mind back in the day.

And yeah, gotta brush up on some games and I'll jump on with you sometime. What games do you tend to gravitate toward? And what country do you live in, just so I can rough up some timeslot's for myself :)

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Post#913 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:10 pm

akumajobelmont wrote:
HuntrRose wrote:comgrats! its a great feeling.. even better when you get into some games.. looking forward to playing with ya sometime!

Cheers! Yeah, it really is. Even though it's slow and old-hat to everybody, for me it still feels like wizardry, haha! It would have blown my mind back in the day.

And yeah, gotta brush up on some games and I'll jump on with you sometime. What games do you tend to gravitate toward? And what country do you live in, just so I can rough up some timeslot's for myself :)

I mostly play.. Quake 3 Arena, Max Pool, 4x4 EVO, Alien Front Online and PSOv2..

I have Chu Chu Rocket too.. but I dont play it much.. only a couple of times so far..

also.. I have PBA Bowling.. but it doesnt work online with the router I have.. oh and I burned a copy of Starlancer for testing purposes but that also doesnt work with my router...

I think Worms will be the next game I try.. most likely ill be burning a test copy to see if it works for me online before I buy an actual one

at some point Ill get Toy Racer too.. since I have a BBA and its one of the games that BBA works with...

Tetris is a low priority for me but it is pretty popular so if youre into it you should get one of those ASAP too!

Im in the US.. east coast..

weekdays Im usually around from 8 or 9 Eastern till Midnight or so.. Weekends Im around pretty much all day and night on and off unless Im going away somewhere...

hurry up and get some games yo..!

Raen
Toy Commander

Post#914 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:36 pm

The-Amazing-Mr_V wrote:Picked up an older brother for my dreamcast.
It came with 3 light guns. One is the second player one that connects to the first one. 3 controllers and all power supplies.

You are missing the Master System converter on top of that 32X :twisted:

Veraster
shadow

Post#915 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:27 am

I recently (Again.) Sorry if this is double posting. Bought another copy of Time Stalkers / Climax Landers along with a copy of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1. I really like Dreamcast games.

akumajobelmont
undertow

Post#916 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:52 am

HuntrRose wrote:
akumajobelmont wrote:

I mostly play.. Quake 3 Arena, Max Pool, 4x4 EVO, Alien Front Online and PSOv2..

I have Chu Chu Rocket too.. but I dont play it much.. only a couple of times so far..

also.. I have PBA Bowling.. but it doesnt work online with the router I have.. oh and I burned a copy of Starlancer for testing purposes but that also doesnt work with my router...

I think Worms will be the next game I try.. most likely ill be burning a test copy to see if it works for me online before I buy an actual one

at some point Ill get Toy Racer too.. since I have a BBA and its one of the games that BBA works with...

Tetris is a low priority for me but it is pretty popular so if youre into it you should get one of those ASAP too!

Im in the US.. east coast..

weekdays Im usually around from 8 or 9 Eastern till Midnight or so.. Weekends Im around pretty much all day and night on and off unless Im going away somewhere...

hurry up and get some games yo..!

Awesome! Well, I'd love to give Quake III Arena and Alien Front Online (which I've found a lot of fun even in single player) a go. I'm really digging Phantasy Star Online (offline) at the moment, but I think I'm only level 7 or something, haha. 4x4 Evo would be rad, because I love my racing games (as you know), the game is fun, if a bit average on your own. I've got burnt copies to use until I buy them, so yeah, I'll get some practice in and jump online when I get a chance. I'll work out some times based on your schedule and go from there - cheers!

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#917 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:57 am

Got these in the mail this week!

A madcatz panther DC!
Attachments
20170128_085348.jpg

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#918 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:37 am

The-Amazing-Mr_V wrote:Got these in the mail this week!

That's a sweet looking shirt! ;)
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Post#919 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:41 am

i was thinking the same thing

akumajobelmont
undertow

Post#920 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:58 am

I just ordered a Alien Front Online + Mic combo on eBay. I've been having fun with a burned CDR of it lately, and now that my DreamPi is set up, I thought I might start collecting the games I can enjoy online. It's so weird, I'm not usually an online-play kinda guy, but the DC community seems really amazing and welcoming, and I love that.