What Did You Get Your Dreamcast Recently?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Re: What Did You Get Your Dreamcast Recently?

Post#1061 » Sun May 21, 2017 9:07 pm

There were four of those Midways game that had to be patched and rereleased dubbed "Hot New!" on the manual cover , and the discs have a color tint typically red tint on them now

Hydro Thunder Hot New has the VGA flag set (but for whatever stupid reason only that it won't do 720x480 like my Beharbros Toro box does it has to be 640x480 , only that title/homebrew)

The mic is awesome to have , welp I had to get AF sealed because I had to have that little foam ball .. w/e it do

You want Quake/Unreal to test your keyboard+mouse , sure I wish in BIOS could , and for whatever reason like my controllers too I thinks I can't plug all the way , has to be a pinch loose

I see those High Frequency controllers are MadCatz brand , not surprised , shoddy build quality

Welcome to the $EGA Dreamcast clan !!!

Raen
Toy Commander

Post#1062 » Wed May 24, 2017 5:57 pm

Today I received Trickstyle and Revolt PAL sealed, two great Acclaim games.

Soulcast
lithium

Post#1063 » Tue May 30, 2017 5:39 pm

I just picked up Space Channel 5. It came complete with a jewel case, a manual and a holographic card.

Raen
Toy Commander

Post#1064 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:34 pm

RingOut wrote:I just picked up Space Channel 5. It came complete with a jewel case, a manual and a holographic card.

Holographics card? NTSC-U or NTSC-J release?

Soulcast
lithium

Post#1065 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:20 am

NTSC-U

Raen
Toy Commander

Post#1066 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:23 am

As far as I know, there's no holographic card in the PAL release. Could you post a picture please?

Soulcast
lithium

Post#1067 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:07 am

Space5.jpg
Space Channel 5

Jewel Case with manual and the holographic card next to it.

Raen
Toy Commander

Post#1068 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:59 pm

Nice, thanks, never saw it before. Did the game came with it on the cover originally, or it was bundled inside out of view before the game was unsealed?

I got Tech Romancer, PAL CIB.

Tarnish
Prince of Persia

Post#1069 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:59 pm

Managed to pick up another DC for a decent price. When opening it I noticed something I didn't know about until then: a revision 1 PAL DC with a metal fan.

DC-Rev1-MetalFan1.jpg

It's not the same as the launch revision 0 metal fan and there are no heatpipes, but there is an extra metal plate attached to the metal shielding and the fan.

DC-Rev1-MetalFan2.jpg

DC-Rev1-MetalFan3.jpg

When trying to google it, I didn't find much info, except that someone else mentioned this existing in another thread on this forum and on a youtube video. Is this a rare version to come by? I always thought PAL revision 1 DCs all had the cheapo plastic fans.

mstar
Doom

Post#1070 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:55 am

I'm not too sure if it is rare or not, but i have also one of those models here (besides my Rev 0, which is my workhorse ;) )...