What Did You Get Your Dreamcast Recently?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
DCGX
Vagabond

Re: What Did You Get Your Dreamcast Recently?

Post#931 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:48 am

lastcallgames wrote:Got two of the Bleemcast games (Tekken 3 and GT2), UFC (complete this time), Sno-Cross, Conflict Zone, Wetrix, Speed Devils Online Racing, and Toy Racer.

I like how the Tekken 3 Bleemcast has a place in the case for your copy of the PS1 title, which is useful since my copy I got at Gamestop in like 2006 was disc only.

That is nice. I wish the others did the same. What I ended up doing was getting replacement four disc jewel cases off eBay for Metal Gear Solid/bleem and Gran Turismo 2/bleem. Despite the 'Playstation' on the spines, these games look good within my DC collection.

Raen
Toy Commander

Post#932 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:01 pm

Of the 3 Bleemcast! releases I only have GT2. I found myself the PAL edition with the 3rd bonus disc complete and it looks awesome. Besides making a couple of split-screen races with a friend, who is a PS user since the PS1, haven't played it much though.

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#933 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:32 pm

I haven't played much of all three either, but Tekken 3 with much sharper graphics and the arcade stick is great! Due to licensing issues with Gon, we'll likely never see a re-release or remaster unless they remove him from the game. So using bleem to play Tekken 3 on Dreamcast is probably the definitive way to play.

DocOccult
shadow

Post#934 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:37 pm

I just have the Metal Gear Solid Bleemcast disc. I'd like to get the other ones (Especially Tekken 3 since that was my favorite Tekken game) at some point.

I'm currently working on getting a complete North American dreamcast set. I'm up to 98 games. Still a ways to go. Most recently picked up Tokyo Xtreme Racer 2, D2, Daytona, Soul Fighters, Worm World Party and ESPN Track and Field.

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#935 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:41 am

Nice. I just pick and choose what I like, because there are many DC games I never want to play. I'm really only looking for Resident Evil 2, Elemental Gimmick Gear and Bust-A-Move 4 at this point (as far as official DC releases).

lastcallgames
Vagabond

Post#936 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:51 pm

DocOccult wrote:I just have the Metal Gear Solid Bleemcast disc. I'd like to get the other ones (Especially Tekken 3 since that was my favorite Tekken game) at some point.

I'm currently working on getting a complete North American dreamcast set. I'm up to 98 games. Still a ways to go. Most recently picked up Tokyo Xtreme Racer 2, D2, Daytona, Soul Fighters, Worm World Party and ESPN Track and Field.

Yeah, I'm working on the complete DC set too, I'm at about 170 (I forget how many are imports and homebrew).

The MGS Bleemcast is the only one I can't seem to find for under $10 on eBay.

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#937 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:36 pm

I got this awesome collection this week! Witching hour!
Attachments
1486092940843-23795956.jpg
20170202_212934.jpg

DocOccult
shadow

Post#938 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:46 pm

Just picked up Outrigger today at a flea market. Hopefully that one comes back online one day :)

krssn
Metallic

Post#939 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:44 pm

Tekken 3

:mrgreen:

akumajobelmont
undertow

Post#940 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:13 am

DocOccult wrote:Just picked up Outrigger today at a flea market. Hopefully that one comes back online one day :)

Outtrigger is brilliant. Great pick up! Mouse and Keyboard support is great too, once you've found a config that you like. I'm really hoping Outtrigger and Unreal Tournament get online compatibility soon. I like Quake 3, but UT (with decals disabled via console) and Outtrigger are, for me, the superior arena experiences on the console - especially when it comes to mouse movement. Outtrigger especially would be amazing to experience online!