What Did You Get Your Dreamcast Recently?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
HuntrRose
Vagabond

Re: What Did You Get Your Dreamcast Recently?

Post#921 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:26 am

I know the time difference makes it difficult to match up with north american players but.. HURRY UP AND GET ONLINE... :lol:

plenty of people all over the world are playing at all times of the day.. its usually not too hard to get a game on whenever you try

also.. make sure youre checking the chat box too.. many people go there for pickup games before, during and after official gamenight events...

Neptune
shadow

Post#922 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:33 pm

The last thing I got for my Dreamcast was a copy of Silver. It looks really neat, but I havent played it yet cuz Im still pretty into Carrier atm. Looks like it will be fun, though Im worried the controls might turn me off. Hoping it plays well though, haha. Ive heard good things about it.

Oh that and just a second controller, just your basic grey DC controller, nothing special. I got it in hopes that when my friend from another state comes over this summer, we can play it together : p

akumajobelmont wrote:
I'm really digging Phantasy Star Online (offline) at the moment

So youre playing just single player without internet? Is it any fun to play it that way? Ive heard that its both worth doing and not worth doing at all ever. Im interested in trying it but I doubt Id ever get to do it online with others, so whether or not I buy it completely depends on how many recommendations I get for it : p

It'll take some time....
Before we take that ship....

akumajobelmont
undertow

Post#923 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:33 pm

Neptune wrote:So youre playing just single player without internet? Is it any fun to play it that way? Ive heard that its both worth doing and not worth doing at all ever. Im interested in trying it but I doubt Id ever get to do it online with others, so whether or not I buy it completely depends on how many recommendations I get for it : p

Yeah, my only experience with it is offline so far, and I love it. If you dig ARPG's, then I'm sure it will be worth a crack on your own. And hey, it's there and ready for you if you decide to go online with it. I'm still a noob with it though, haha

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Post#924 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:37 pm

your pi works.. why havent you gone online with PSO yet akumajob? :P

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#925 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:48 pm

Neptune wrote:The last thing I got for my Dreamcast was a copy of Silver. It looks really neat, but I havent played it yet cuz Im still pretty into Carrier atm. Looks like it will be fun, though Im worried the controls might turn me off. Hoping it plays well though, haha. Ive heard good things about it.

Oh that and just a second controller, just your basic grey DC controller, nothing special. I got it in hopes that when my friend from another state comes over this summer, we can play it together : p

akumajobelmont wrote:
I'm really digging Phantasy Star Online (offline) at the moment

So youre playing just single player without internet? Is it any fun to play it that way? Ive heard that its both worth doing and not worth doing at all ever. Im interested in trying it but I doubt Id ever get to do it online with others, so whether or not I buy it completely depends on how many recommendations I get for it : p

I've play pso offline for years. I liked it. Online is better though. But still had fun offline.

Carrier is an awesome game. I used to have it.

GreaseWaffle
undertow

Post#926 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:17 pm

I got a JP version of Seaman. I got it JP because it was $20 for a complete copy with everything including a microphone. Great deal to me.

akumajobelmont
undertow

Post#927 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:31 am

HuntrRose wrote:your pi works.. why havent you gone online with PSO yet akumajob? :P

I'm only just getting some time back to myself. Had some family down from Sydney for the Australia Day long weekend, so I didn't want to be anti-social, haha. I've been playing some QIIIA, just in single-player to learn some of the maps. Never played much of it back in the day, because I wasn't too keen on the Arena-style FPS, but I'm really loving my time with it. Once I get through more of the single-player, I'll jump online with it :)

Neptune
shadow

Post#928 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:52 am

akumajobelmont wrote:Yeah, my only experience with it is offline so far, and I love it. If you dig ARPG's, then I'm sure it will be worth a crack on your own. And hey, it's there and ready for you if you decide to go online with it. I'm still a noob with it though, haha

The-Amazing-Mr_V wrote:
I've play pso offline for years. I liked it. Online is better though. But still had fun offline.

Awesome, thanks for the responses : )
And Ive seen videos of it and it looks fine, like something Id enjoy. Just have heard others say its boring without online play so was worried. But someone I know personally irl also recommended it to me, saying that Id enjoy it on its own, so I should give it a shot, haha.

Carrier is an awesome game. I used to have it.

You should totally pick it up again, if you can. If its been a while since you last played it, it could be alot of fun to play it again.

It'll take some time....
Before we take that ship....

lastcallgames
Vagabond

Post#929 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:44 pm

Got two of the Bleemcast games (Tekken 3 and GT2), UFC (complete this time), Sno-Cross, Conflict Zone, Wetrix, Speed Devils Online Racing, and Toy Racer.

I like how the Tekken 3 Bleemcast has a place in the case for your copy of the PS1 title, which is useful since my copy I got at Gamestop in like 2006 was disc only.

Blarneo
rebel

Post#930 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:21 am

Can this board do pics easy? Oh, here it is! Bought at a vintage game store last weekend. Was $70 for the lot. Buy 2 get one free, R2R was free. Not a scratch on the controller, but I haven't tried it yet.

DCbuy.jpg