What Did You Get Your Dreamcast Recently?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
scaryred24
Sunday Shootout

Re: What Did You Get Your Dreamcast Recently?

Post#581 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:23 pm

lastcallgames wrote:I think MSH is improved a bit, but I'm not 100%. I'll probably buy the Japanese versions eventually. They use the 1 and 4MB carts, but I don't think the US ones can use an Action Replay like them.

I would have to test that out with my copy of Action Replay if I ever get it. I sworn the coding and extra frames of animation were left in tact across all regions, though I did hear that the ram cart thing wasn't well utilized in that port because it was Capcom 1st game using that peripheral so the load times actually increased rather than decreased.
My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $2623 ($699 with sales)
  • Games owned: 250
  • Games played: 146 (58%)
  • Hours on record: 1,948.2h

http://www.speedtest.net/result/7087109286Image

CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Post#582 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:23 pm

Ahh! You guys are referring now to simply MSH game. Well that was going off topic quite abit. in any case, any region of the game (Marvel Super Heroes) utilises the Ram cart in the same fashion. At least to my knowledge US and JPN versions.
It's STILL Thinking Dreamcast Channel

The ReviveDC Project blog; reviews for our releases and news

GameOverYeah
Graffiti Grind

Post#583 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:21 am

CD AGES wrote:Neither X-Men Vs SF nor MSH Vs SF got released for the Saturn outside of Japan so i'm sure what you are referring to with your comment lastcallgames.

To answer GameOverYeah's question, MSH Vs SF is the final update to it's predecessors release although in a more drastic sense so it's treated as a sequel. New artwork stills, new soundtrack, new final boss, new endings and retweaked backgrounds. The SF side of the roster got a slight change, but the Marvel roster got changed quite a bit with only Cyclops and Wolvie returning from the previous game alonside a few Marvel characters and one returning character from X-men COTA. All returning characters get new specials, Supers etc. So, No. They'really are not the same game.

I personally prefer both games for entirely different reasons.

Would you recommend owning both in spite of the relatively steep price tag?

I mean there are many far more affordable 2D fighters on the Saturn, and then there is MvC and MvC2 on the Dreamcast which are much more affordable (JPN versions anyway) and which are fairly similar to MSH vs. SF.

I am a bit obsessive compulsive; when I see a game I like, I have to have it (unless the price is truly out of range, like Radiant Silvergun or sumfin).

DreamcastUK
brutal

Post#584 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:22 pm

Just bought:

Boxed VMU
x2 Boxed Jump Packs

Sadly got out bid on a official PAL boxed fishing rod :(
Online Games: PSO | Quake III Arena | Toy Racer | 4x4 Evo | Starlancer | Planet Ring | Maximum Pool

ItsMuchMore
Founder & Lead Editor

The Dreamcast Junkyard
YouTube Editor

lastcallgames
Vagabond

Post#585 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:49 pm

Finally picked up a copy of Hydro Thunder.

scaryred24
Sunday Shootout

Post#586 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:06 am

I know this isn't Dreamcast related, but it's a game that I would have thought it would of ran on no problem is it was made around the same era.

scaryred24
Sunday Shootout

Post#587 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:35 pm

Here's my pickup from my local flea market today.

lastcallgames
Vagabond

Post#588 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:26 pm

Nice. Last time I was at a flea market I bought the only DC related thing I saw.
And it was terrible.

wetdreamcast
lithium

Post#589 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:36 pm

lastcallgames wrote:Nice. Last time I was at a flea market I bought the only DC related thing I saw.
And it was terrible.

please share :lol:

lastcallgames
Vagabond

Post#590 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:38 pm

It was Roadsters. It's bad.

Very, very bad