Pulled the HDD from my Dev. Box.

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Re: Pulled the HDD from my Dev. Box.

Post#221 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:46 am

Pac-Man wrote:Is this the source code? This horse may not be dead, afterall!

I hope not! :lol:

pavomba
undertow

Post#222 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:47 am

Anthony817 wrote:You must be a God game player! Thank you so much! Lets hope Pav gets them working! Maybe he could utilize it best with Windows CE SDK for Sega Dreamcast?
It is after all a PC port.

sorry, i don´t own a devkit.

and i ve lend my dreamcast to my neighboor, their house was stolen 2 days ago, but i will try to replace with another videogame.

game_player_s
Graffiti Grind

Post#223 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:59 am

Well I hope it's not a dead horse too, elsewise I'm going to have some serious questions regarding how it was converted from a rotting corpse into a compact disc. Hence meaning I am not God or else I would already know how that was possible. ;)

Just a theory, but perhaps these were/are the counterpart files of Thief 2 that were residing on the computer that the Dev Kit was connected to.

Don't worry about it pavomba, there's no rush. The files are available to everyone to experiment with at leisure.
Now There are no Limits -- SEGA
http://www.tweeg.psoarchive.com/

pavomba
undertow

Post#224 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:30 am

game_player_s wrote:Well I hope it's not a dead horse too, elsewise I'm going to have some serious questions regarding how it was converted from a rotting corpse into a compact disc. Hence meaning I am not God or else I would already know how that was possible. ;)

Just a theory, but perhaps these were/are the counterpart files of Thief 2 that were residing on the computer that the Dev Kit was connected to.

Don't worry about it pavomba, there's no rush. The files are available to everyone to experiment with at leisure.

seems like this is the source code, interesting, the source code never came available.

unfortunaltely there is no .exe for dreamcast version, but seems to have few dreamcast files.

wanna play thief2 on pc? just put an .exe on the thief 2 folder and you can play, but you start in a empty box, the possibly file is miss1.mis, the size is 233kb.

the level was possibly used for test like system shock 2

pavomba
undertow

Post#225 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:44 pm

is there some tutorial of wince sdk without katana?

Captain Dreamcast
Developer

Post#226 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:02 pm

pavomba wrote:is there some tutorial of wince sdk without katana?

The WinCE SDK itself comes with a very thorough and complete guide/FAQ, maybe there's a hint in there? Or does it always talk about using a devkit? :?

...But then again, if the source code is complete, couldn't you just compile the exe using the compiler included in the SDK (without using a devkit), use a generic 1WINCEOS.BIN to "launch" the exe and make a selfbooting image with that?
I think it's been done before with another game, but I just can't remember. >_<
For Great Justice!

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#227 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:52 pm

If this really is the source code, that's great. What can be achieved with this? Maybe somebody CAN start working on this with Pav over at Assembler Games. Very intelligent folks over there.

I think game Player needs to be thanked for all his work in making these files available to us all. Big THANK YOU from me.

pavomba
undertow

Post#228 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:12 pm

Anthony817 wrote:If this really is the source code, that's great. What can be achieved with this? Maybe somebody CAN start working on this with Pav over at Assembler Games. Very intelligent folks over there.

I think game Player needs to be thanked for all his work in making these files available to us all. Big THANK YOU from me.

my thanks for you too gamer_s

but i don´t know anything about source code, and etc, but i ve been messing around to try to learn something.

most of files can be open by a compiler.

pavomba
undertow

Post#229 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:21 am

anyone know the source for the .exe?

Albert
shadow

Post#230 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:35 pm

We at the forums are very pleased of this news. We are also quite fearful, though I imagine the old project OPDE will be very fortunate to have the original source to study from and recreate, as that's probably the most legal option.

Return to “Lounge”