Has anybody attempted the Retrotink Scart with the Dreamcast?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
zanewiller
Fancy Pants Admin
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Zane Willer CEO of HobbyBaseball. I fell in love with baseball from a very young age.

Has anybody attempted the Retrotink Scart with the Dreamcast?

Post by zanewiller »

I don't realize I'm utilizing the RetroTink SCART2VGA, And whenever I first attempted it didn't work.

In the event that somebody could respond to this inquiry, this might make sense of why retrotink doesn't work with my VGA screen:

Is the Dreamcast opening scene considered 240p or 480i? Assuming it's 480i, that makes sense of this is on the grounds that the SCART2VGA is a line doubler for 240p and doesn't have the foggiest idea how to manage 480i.

VGA work for Saturn 32x 32 CD Sega CD Genesis and Master System yet not exactly yet Dreamcast.

(By the way the main framework that works with this unmoded that isn't a Sega framework is a Super NES and provided that you got the first version. Sns001. Nothing else can locally yield SCART)
Zane Willer CEO of HobbyBaseball. I fell in love with baseball from a very young age. I have memories of playing my first minor league baseball game when I was 7 years old.