VHS preview

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

VHS preview

Post#1 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:21 pm

VasiliyRS
Uber

Re: VHS preview

Post#2 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:44 pm

I have never seen it before. It looks like a collectable item.

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#3 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:02 pm

Now all you need is a vhs player :mrgreen:

DreamcastUK
brutal

Post#4 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:11 am

It's kind of like the PAL versions I have here, bottom left of the image, they are all VHS previews, also have PS2 and GameCube ones oh and a couple of Sega Saturn and Mega Drive ones
Attachments
image.jpeg
Online Games: PSO | Quake III Arena | Toy Racer | 4x4 Evo | Starlancer | Planet Ring | Maximum Pool

ItsMuchMore
Founder & Lead Editor

The Dreamcast Junkyard
YouTube Editor

lastcallgames
Vagabond

Post#5 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:48 pm

Wrath of Khan wrote:Now all you need is a vhs player :mrgreen:

Fun fact, I use a VCR for my game capturing. It splits the RCA signal into RCA out (for the capture card) and Coax (for the TV). It's not perfect, but it works well enough.

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#6 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:23 pm

lastcallgames wrote:
Wrath of Khan wrote:Now all you need is a vhs player :mrgreen:

Fun fact, I use a VCR for my game capturing. It splits the RCA signal into RCA out (for the capture card) and Coax (for the TV). It's not perfect, but it works well enough.

Cool. Capturing games from you dreamcast? What would be the best and cheapest way to capture videos of dreamcast games?
I have a flatscren telly and a vga box for my DC. Iv'e been thinking of cheaply creating a set up for making dreamcast videos.
I have notions of making a dreamcast youtube channel.

lastcallgames
Vagabond

Post#7 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:18 am

Basically I use the DC RCA cable to a VCR which sends it to a Dazzle and my TV. You can play it off the Pinnacle Studios (the software the Dazzle comes with, and it won't work with anything else I have) preview screen, but I prefer it on a real TV.

To my knowledge there isn't a VGA capture device, so if you want to use VGA you'd have to get a scaler to convert it to either Component or HDMI.