Tahi - The Arocean War (9-9-09)

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
cloofoofoo
Dreamcast Swirl

Re: Tahi - The Arocean War (9-9-09)

Post#221 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:36 pm

Anthony817 wrote:Shadow Volumes! That is what they are then yeah, I know in NullDC, the volume multiplier would turn off shadows or make them too pronounced, so I see what you are talking about, this is more like a texture drawn on the ground yeah.

Yeah thatss it,but its a texture drawn real time from the perspective of a light source .I just thought it might be a nice touch for tahi but thats probably asking too much.Its probably too preformance heavy.But your have to admit its looks more natural than shadow volumes/modifier volume.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#222 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:24 pm

I couldn't agree more. I just hope all goes well and Tahi gets released.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Radkin
PSOaholic

Post#223 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:31 pm

Regards,
Radkin

DC-Talk Store
My Youtube

Macabre
Feet of Fury

Post#224 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:57 pm

Near the end of the movie they show a picture of the throne room from Chronicles of Riddick?

Fun due to the art style in that movie = good, odd being that they didn't give much explanation.
PSO Dreamcast BBA ftw @ Dreamcast-Talk.com
~ Macabre! Redria HUcast
~ Lust Purplenum RAcaseal
~Sega Trade List!~
vid's coming soon~

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#225 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:23 am

Or screenshots of in game. I am still excited about the game though, just concerned as it is nearing release date and there is still no in game stuff. I do understand though that they don't want to show everything all at once, and it is good to build up the hype little by little. ;)

daniel116
core

Post#226 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:40 am

man they need to start showing us some gameplay videos, concept art and stuff like that won't get them the attention they need if they wanna make some profit out of a dreamcast game

Favrenation
Outrun

Post#227 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:40 am

I'm almost positive the game is coming out next year. Someone on their facebook page said something like that.
PS2 Online Gaming

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#228 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:58 am

the reticon forum server is down again, Frank asked me to let you guys know. he doesn't know when it'll be up again. I'll keep you posted
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

RETICON
Developer

Post#229 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:16 am

Hello folks,
Yes, the server has been down for a few weeks. I had it initially functioning for quite some time, but for some anomalous reason, the server stopped functioning. Our apache server is up, our DNS services are up, everything says it is clear, I have open ports, and yet the server simply stopped. I have come to the conclusion that our ISP service has blocked access to this server for some reason and I will be contacting them in regards to why. There should be no other reason why this server should NOT be up.

It may take a few days or a few weeks, I will try my best to get it going for you folks again. It's an incredibly stable server however, I believe our ISP has done something to our services to restrict access.

In other news:
I will be updating the RETICON Entertainment site very soon, I need to make sure the site is in complete functioning order.

Also, my team has been working VERY hard lately on our game. The writers and artists are churning out WONDERFUL works! there is going to be A LOT to show soon! especially in the art field. As the game matures, the 'image' of the game is coming together, so it doesn't look like a generic game. It is holistically the same throughout.

We also have coded our introduction menu, its still in testing phases, but it is a VERY unique and interactive menu. Let's just say that the worlds in your menu can also be used AS your menu...

We won't be able to make our deadline for this year due to some set backs (some of the Reticon team have not pulled their weight, and thus have slowed us down tremendously, and the ACM Arcade Project which was no foreseen). So I must push the release date to a later time, possibly falling in the 2012 year.

We will have photos of our art, and ingame very soon! So stay tuned folks.

Also if you have any questions, feel free to email me at:
[email protected]

Thank you.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#230 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:09 pm

Here is the latest from RETICON ENTERTAINMENT:

As of right now I am creating summer schedules for the team, I'm making sure we adhere to specific deadlines for each division. I've broken down the programming project into separate divisions which include: Previsualization, Music, Art, Writing, Design and Software Engineering (Design and S.E kind of work together closely). Each division will be closely looked over by Brad Caesar (my writer). Brad has also taken the role of management and relations to make sure that all of our communication outlets are taken care of, such as Twitter, Blogger, Facebook, etc.

Starting June 10th, we will be beginning our summer session for Tahi The Arocean War and we will be doing SO much. I wish I could share photos of our workflow but I cannot dispose that information just yet, but I will say, it will be a VERY BUSY summer for the entire team.

We've also acquired a new artist and programmer as well. Our new artist is an animator and she specializes in science fiction and game design, she was a perfect acquisition to the Reticon Entertainment team. Our programmer is a Python and algorithms guru and he will make a great asset to the team.

That's it for now, but I'll keep you posted as things develop, especially now that Brad will be assisting me in all of my communications efforts everywhere.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Return to “Lounge”