Is selling Dreamcast hardware and games allowed?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
TheTinWhisker
shadow

Is selling Dreamcast hardware and games allowed?

Post#1 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:09 am

Good afternoon everyone.
I have a big collection of Japan Dreamcast systems, games, and peripherals.
Is it ok to list items I would like to sell? Well, if anyone is interested in buying lol.
I am currently living in Tokyo, and over the past 3 years I have acquired way too much
Dreamcast stuff. Might be time to unload some of it as we just had our second child.
Let me know if selling is allowed here or if anyone is interested in anything.

Thanks

colgate
Doom

Re: Is selling Dreamcast hardware and games allowed?

Post#2 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:09 pm

Sure, do you have a list to share?

fraggle200
chill

Post#3 » Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:37 am

There's a marketplace section here. it doesn't get a huge amount of traffic so I spose you need to set expectations in what's achievable on here. Arguably there's no better place to sell DC stuff but given the footfall it may be harder than it should be.

I'm in the process of getting rid of my JPN collection. got 1/3rd of the way through and can't commit to the next 2/3rds, esp not when I'm less than 20 carts away from a full MVS collection. cos of the small numbers of folk that see the marketplace section I've shy'd away from using it and I'm just trying to get rid of it through a load of arcade forums and Ebay. best of luck whatever you decide to do.

TheTinWhisker
shadow

Post#4 » Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:14 pm

I have a couple boxed Dreamcast's
Blue Hello Kitty Dreamcast set without box
Broadband adapter
Fishing controller
2 Light Guns
Densha De Go Controller
2 Different keyboard and mouse
Twin Sticks
Steering Wheel
ASCII Mission Stick
2 Dreameye web cams CIB
Arcade stick
Pop'n music controller
More than 100 Japan region games.
The list is long, so if anyone is looking for something specific ask and ill check.
I also have a Rasberry Pi 3 and modem for online play.

colgate
Doom

Post#5 » Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:45 pm

Any random le games? I'm not looking for anything specific, that's why a list would be handy. I'll try to make a list.

Falco Girgis
Developer

Post#6 » Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:15 am

Do you happen to have a LAN adapter? Not the BBA or modem, but the HKT-300 model one (IIRC)? I'm very interested in getting ahold of that one in particular since I already have a BBA and would like to help verify drivers and support for upcoming DC indie games that are making use of online functionality.

TheTinWhisker
shadow

Post#7 » Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:27 am

I do not have the LAN adapter HKT-300. I will have a look at Yahoo Auctions Japan and some local places and let you know.

Falco Girgis
Developer

Post#8 » Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:51 am

Thank you, that would be really awesome. I'm willing to pay a decent, fair price for it, but some of the auctions I see on Ebay in the $300+ range are just so expensive my wife would kill me.

My motives are pure here. I'm really just wanting to make damn sure that now that the Dreamcast is getting back online in the homebrew scene, that we aren't forgetting about this more obscure adapter, and that it's getting the testing and driver work it needs from someone autistic enough and far enough into developing with niche things to give it the love it needs. lmao

I've chatted with Kazade, the lead developer behind Driving Strikers, for example, and all he knows is it should work with the LAN adapter, but it has never once been tested, and if some problem was there, he wouldn't have the resources to debug with it... My intention was to keep it permanently on my second dev DC, so I can be keeping an eye on it and testing with it. I already need to have a second dev DC for testing (one is 16MB RAM, one is 32MB, one is GD-ROM + IDE, one is GDemu), and I felt like I could give more back to the community if I opted for the LAN adapter for it rather than a second BBA.

EDIT:
Btw, is the RPI3 online-ready? I'm not sure what all DreamPi entails and getting online with it, but that's something else I've been wanting to look into for modem testing a well.

TheTinWhisker
shadow

Post#9 » Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:43 am

I will definitely keep an eye out for the Lan adapter. If you see it listed someone shoot me the link if you can.
The Pi is loaded and ready to go online with the Dreamcast. It does need a line voltage inducer. I have two 56k modems and I’ll be sending them off to have an inducer installed internally, so the whole kit will be complete.

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#10 » Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:50 am

Falco Girgis wrote:Thank you, that would be really awesome. I'm willing to pay a decent, fair price for it, but some of the auctions I see on Ebay in the $300+ range are just so expensive my wife would kill me.

My motives are pure here. I'm really just wanting to make damn sure that now that the Dreamcast is getting back online in the homebrew scene, that we aren't forgetting about this more obscure adapter, and that it's getting the testing and driver work it needs from someone autistic enough and far enough into developing with niche things to give it the love it needs. lmao

I've chatted with Kazade, the lead developer behind Driving Strikers, for example, and all he knows is it should work with the LAN adapter, but it has never once been tested, and if some problem was there, he wouldn't have the resources to debug with it... My intention was to keep it permanently on my second dev DC, so I can be keeping an eye on it and testing with it. I already need to have a second dev DC for testing (one is 16MB RAM, one is 32MB, one is GD-ROM + IDE, one is GDemu), and I felt like I could give more back to the community if I opted for the LAN adapter for it rather than a second BBA.

EDIT:
Btw, is the RPI3 online-ready? I'm not sure what all DreamPi entails and getting online with it, but that's something else I've been wanting to look into for modem testing a well.

Are your motives pure? Are you willing to finish Elysian Shadows and deliver it to Kickstarter backers?