Dreamcast-Talk members games list

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol

Re: Dreamcast-Talk members games list

Post#161 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:42 am

Tokyo Highway challenge (as its known in the PAL regions) is pretty awesome, I got sucked into that quite a lot, its a lovely game but it should've had more variety in the courses and environments
Guild Card: Odin #13044
Ultrapro; Oldskooling since 1990. Long Live DREAMCAST!!
Check out my Twitch channel!https://www.twitch.tv/ultrapro_dc

BrianC
Dreamcast Swirl

Post#162 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:09 pm

^^^ Agreed! Its also insanely hard!

I'm loving D2 though, its a pretty fucked up game but I really enjoy the gameplay and feel that it mixes all the genres quite well. It came in last night and I just got to disc 4, time for some rest :)

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol

Post#163 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:15 am

Jaysus ur on disc 4 already? I never got very far on it at all, awesome game tho

BrianC
Dreamcast Swirl

Post#164 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:20 am

Yup, I beat it yesterday when I was supposed to be sleeping lol. A really great game, a bit preachy and dark for me but I loved the random battles and the adventure style gameplay and hunting!

Neohound
Gold Lion

Post#165 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:58 am

I don't agree that D2 is 'preachy'. Ok, so it contains messages about ecology and the environment, but I don't think it necessarily spoils the game - actually, I think it enhances the game. Why shouldn't games raise important issues anyway ?

Btw, what did you think of the ending to D2 ?(careful not to spoil). I thought it was EPIC !!

BrianC
Dreamcast Swirl

Post#166 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:21 pm

I thought it was amazing but then it went on with its statistics and clips depicting bad stuff and so on, trying not to use any spoilers just in case :D . I don't know, I personally found it quite preachy and for me hurt the game a bit, I mean it isn't a bad message instead its a rather simple one to put into a mature game and I think they could have done it in a better way since it comes off very straight-forward. The gameplay and plot was quite brilliant though and I'm very glad I picked it up.

Neohound
Gold Lion

Post#167 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:12 am

Talking of 'preachy' games. Have you ever played Grandia 2 on the DC ? It has this very cliched story about good and evil, light and dark etc all done in a very moralistic and religious way. It bugged the hell out of me at first, but as I got into the game, I really enjoyed it !! Weird !

BrianC
Dreamcast Swirl

Post#168 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:37 pm

I got pretty close to beating it and it actually seemed more anti-religious than anything to me. Either way, the difference in is that D2 tried to tie in a lot of real world stuff like the twenty minutes of facts and statistics at the end and live action clips where Grandia 2 stayed in the realm of fiction; if Grandia 2 had the characters pray to Jesus or Allah that would be much different :D . Anyways, it just wasn't my thing but some people really dig that stuff. I personally loved Grandia 2 even if the story was a bit weak (I credit translation in large part and I wouldn't call it cliche for its time) but that game had an amazing battle system. Sadly J-RPG's really don't do anything for me as of late :( . FFVIII used to be my favorite game of all time though, that game got a lot right.

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol

Post#169 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:35 am

nothing wrong with Grandia 2!! its just a good ol fashioned RPG with morals, I completed it, lovely little game if you can get passed a lot of the cheese

gunstarhero47
noob

Post#170 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:31 am

Hello, my list pales in comparison to most, but I am happy!

PAL
1. Headhunter
2. Dead or Alive 2
3. Virtua Tennis 2K2
4. Soul Calibur
5. Resident Evil Code Veronica
6. Dino Crisis

Hopefully many more in the future.