DreamPSU - Dreamcast Replacement Power Supply

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42

Poll: Would you buy one?

Yes
89%
No
7%
Maybe
4%
Total votes: 27

Xiden
Developer

Re: DreamPSU - Dreamcast Replacement Power Supply

Post#31 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:35 pm

Gumbo wrote:
Xiden wrote:
Sounds good! :)

After this campaign you should consider making a Sega Saturn PSU ;)
The design could be very similar to the Dreamcasts.

Your not the first to mention a saturn PSU,
I have looked into it and its going to be slightly more complicated because of the 3 types of power supply, with the first one being the biggest ass to deal with. I will hopefully get round to doing it, But i need to get hold of the 3 different power supply versions first :D

Chris

I have two busted saturns I use for parts, a model 1 and model 2 both are ntsc systems. If I can dig them out id be willing to donate them

I know the model 2 power supply is good. the model 1 supply may need a new fuse.

Gumbo
lithium

Post#32 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:02 pm

Xiden wrote:I have two busted saturns I use for parts, a model 1 and model 2 both are ntsc systems. If I can dig them out id be willing to donate them

I know the model 2 power supply is good. the model 1 supply may need a new fuse.

Oh awesome, what part of the world are you in?

Xiden
Developer

Post#33 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:08 pm

Gumbo wrote:
Xiden wrote:I have two busted saturns I use for parts, a model 1 and model 2 both are ntsc systems. If I can dig them out id be willing to donate them

USA

Gumbo
lithium

Post#34 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:48 pm

Xiden wrote:
Gumbo wrote:

USA

I should have picked that up from the NTSC systems statement... lol.
I'm in the UK, so shipping might be expensive, but if your willing to ship then i'm willing to pay.

Xiden
Developer

Post#35 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:45 pm

Gumbo wrote:
Xiden wrote:
Gumbo wrote:

USA

I should have picked that up from the NTSC systems statement... lol.
I'm in the UK, so shipping might be expensive, but if your willing to ship then i'm willing to pay.

Absolutely! Send me a PM and we can get it all arranged :)

metoo3
shadow

Post#36 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:57 pm

Just found out about the DreamPSU which seems like a perfect fit for my workhorse Dreamcast and my sealed NOS at some point...

Ordered a triple pack, hopefully this is not too late since the campaign is over?!

Gumbo
lithium

Post#37 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:09 pm

metoo3 wrote:Just found out about the DreamPSU which seems like a perfect fit for my workhorse Dreamcast and my sealed NOS at some point...

Ordered a triple pack, hopefully this is not too late since the campaign is over?!

I put the campaign into "InDemand" mode whilst im getting everything else finalized before manufacture, i will close the campaign a couple of days before manufacturing starts, so your order will be made :)

Thanks for the contribution.
Chris.

metoo3
shadow

Post#38 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:31 pm

Hi Chris,

Many thanks for your feedback.
Glad that it works out!

Cheers
Nils

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#39 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:10 pm

Is this really one run and done ? Dawh damn

Wished I'd know what cable I need to power er .. also how's that common reset problem because loose contacts with the pins ? Not an issue anymore with this fabulous PSU ?

Gumbo
lithium

Post#40 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:14 pm

mistamontiel wrote:Is this really one run and done ? Dawh damn

Wished I'd know what cable I need to power er .. also how's that common reset problem because loose contacts with the pins ? Not an issue anymore with this fabulous PSU ?

PM me with your email address and i will add you to the list of a future batch ;)