DreamPSU - Dreamcast Replacement Power Supply

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42

Poll: Would you buy one?

Yes
89%
No
7%
Maybe
4%
Total votes: 27

OGDCFAN99
Arabian Night

Re: Dreamcast Replacement Power Supply

Post#21 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:18 pm

Yeah thats what I meant. The one that Gumbo is making looks quite a bit nicer.

lelejk86
noob

Re: Dreamcast Replacement Power Supply

Post#22 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:19 am

I'd buy one!

Gumbo
lithium

Re: DreamPSU - Dreamcast Replacement Power Supply

Post#23 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:45 pm

This is now available on Indiegogo, if your interested the link is below, please feel free to share.
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/drea ... in-power#/

RXShorty
photon blast

Post#24 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:00 am

Will back it when I done with the holidays!
DreamOn!

Gumbo
lithium

Post#25 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:43 pm

Less than 12 hours left on the DreamPSU campaign, this will be the last guaranteed opportunity to be able to purchase one.

If you want any more than 3 DreamPSU's, email me or message me on here and I can arrange a secret perk for you.

Huge thank you to everyone who has contributed and shared this project wherever it may have been.

https://igg.me/at/DreamPSU

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#26 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:42 am

I got mine ordered. :)

Xiden
Developer

Post#27 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:49 am

Gumbo wrote:Less than 12 hours left on the DreamPSU campaign, this will be the last guaranteed opportunity to be able to purchase one.

If you want any more than 3 DreamPSU's, email me or message me on here and I can arrange a secret perk for you.

Huge thank you to everyone who has contributed and shared this project wherever it may have been.

https://igg.me/at/DreamPSU

Just curious, will there be plans to continue production on this product after backer orders are filled?

Gumbo
lithium

Post#28 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:58 am

The-Amazing-Mr_V wrote:I got mine ordered. :)

Thank you for ordering :D

Xiden wrote:Just curious, will there be plans to continue production on this product after backer orders are filled?

There isn't any planned production at the moment, but spare DreamPSU's will be produced along with the indiegogo orders. The only way you can guarantee getting a DreamPSU is via the campaign.

Talking of which, A few people expressed interest in purchasing a DreamPSU but missed the deadline. as a result i have now made the campaign in InDemand mode which will allow people to continue purchasing the DreamPSU until a little while before manufacture.

Chris

Xiden
Developer

Post#29 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:15 am

Gumbo wrote:
The-Amazing-Mr_V wrote:I got mine ordered. :)

Thank you for ordering :D

Xiden wrote:Just curious, will there be plans to continue production on this product after backer orders are filled?

There isn't any planned production at the moment, but spare DreamPSU's will be produced along with the indiegogo orders. The only way you can guarantee getting a DreamPSU is via the campaign.

Talking of which, A few people expressed interest in purchasing a DreamPSU but missed the deadline. as a result i have now made the campaign in InDemand mode which will allow people to continue purchasing the DreamPSU until a little while before manufacture.

Chris

Sounds good! :)

After this campaign you should consider making a Sega Saturn PSU ;)
The design could be very similar to the Dreamcasts.

Gumbo
lithium

Post#30 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:18 am

Xiden wrote:
Sounds good! :)

After this campaign you should consider making a Sega Saturn PSU ;)
The design could be very similar to the Dreamcasts.

Your not the first to mention a saturn PSU,
I have looked into it and its going to be slightly more complicated because of the 3 types of power supply, with the first one being the biggest ass to deal with. I will hopefully get round to doing it, But i need to get hold of the 3 different power supply versions first :D

Chris