Marvel Vs. Capcom...

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Marvel Vs. Capcom...

Post#1 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:32 pm

Clash of Super Heroes, was a launch title for the Dreamcast in North America. The game's purpose in the systems initial lineup was a means to showcase the hardware as a 2D powerhouse, being able to run the chaotic and frantic 2D fighter with an effortless develpment cycle with absolutely zero compromise made from arcade to home.
MvC1 is th 3rd installment in Capcom's popular Marvel Vs. series and the final entry in the franchise to run on the companies proprietary CPSII arcade board. The title saw a short window of exclusivity on the Dreamcast before it eventually made its way to Sony's PS1 system in an albeit fairly compromised fashion due to that systems hardware limitations. More recently, it saw a release digitally in a 2 in 1 pack (with MSH) titled Marvel Vs. Capcom Origins for PSN and XBLA. Unlike many Capcom 2D titles that saw digital releases on psn and xbla (HD Remix, MvC2, Puzzle Fighter), MvC1 is not based on DC code and developed by Iron Galaxy for Capcom.
The reason I made this post is because it appears MvC1 Origins is getting pulled from the digital marketplace and no longer be available for purchase by the end of the month.
Other digital Capcom titles that were also on dreamcast and longer available for modern hardware are Marvel Vs Capcom 2 and most recently Jojo's Bizzare advanture (the latter receiving no official announcement of its removal!).
Attachments
Mvccast.jpeg
mvc-fly.jpeg
It's STILL Thinking Dreamcast Channel

The ReviveDC Project blog; reviews for our releases and news

dark
Shark Patrol

Re: Marvel Vs. Capcom...

Post#2 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:40 pm

I like owning physical copies of games.

CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Post#3 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:49 pm

Totally agree with you! Though I must admit that there is def some convenience to digital releases.

lastcallgames
Vagabond

Post#4 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:43 pm

Yeah, I never really loved the digital version of MvC2 compared to the DC one. I think it was the lack of unlockables (everything is unlocked from the start).

Still looking for a decently priced copy of MvC, though.

CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Post#5 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:08 pm

lastcallgames wrote:Yeah, I never really loved the digital version of MvC2 compared to the DC one. I think it was the lack of unlockables (everything is unlocked from the start).

Still looking for a decently priced copy of MvC, though.

The lack of unlockables is least of this version's problems. It's glitchy, has speed issues and other problems of various restraints. While Digital MvC2 is still not good enough of a port to be deemed tournament standard worthy, this version is still highly sought after and played amoung the scene due to its invaluable online matchmaking service.

You may want to look into purchasing MvC1 on your DC soon. The removal of the digital version may slowly bring the price back up on the DC version.

lastcallgames
Vagabond

Post#6 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:00 am

CD AGES wrote:You may want to look into purchasing MvC1 on your DC soon. The removal of the digital version may slowly bring the price back up on the DC version.

I took your advice, found one on eBay for $12.

CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Post#7 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:59 am

lastcallgames wrote:
CD AGES wrote:You may want to look into purchasing MvC1 on your DC soon. The removal of the digital version may slowly bring the price back up on the DC version.

I took your advice, found one on eBay for $12.

That's a pretty good price. So what's the verdict on the game? Did you have prior experience or exposure to the game before hand? Is it your type of game?

BnGamesReviews
blackout!

Post#8 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:30 am

Ive got a CPS2 board for this on the way for my cabs. Im working on getting a Naomi for MvC2.

Dreamcastgaga
Roadster

Post#9 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:41 pm

I did a quick review of the game here - http://www.dcgaga.com/2013/04/marvel-vs ... eroes.html

However, it is definitley one of my fave Capcom games. As a big fan of MvSF on the Saturn in many ways I prefer the more concentrated feeling of the first MvC over the second title. Playing as Venom too was quite a thrill at the time.

CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Post#10 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:04 am

Dreamcastgaga wrote:I did a quick review of the game here - http://www.dcgaga.com/2013/04/marvel-vs ... eroes.html

However, it is definitley one of my fave Capcom games. As a big fan of MvSF on the Saturn in many ways I prefer the more concentrated feeling of the first MvC over the second title. Playing as Venom too was quite a thrill at the time.

I remember reading this review on your site a while back. I thought it was spot on.

I have every home port of MSH Vs. SF. It's got a real soft spot in my gaming heart from playing it as a kid in the arcades and for its eclectic soundtrack (SF side). But the game is def the weakest of the entire Marvel Vs. Series.