Bleem! Discussion

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Shadowsoul
shadow

Bleem! Discussion

Post#1 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:03 am

Hello, I'm new to the community here and am happy to have found a place where i can discuss my thoughts on the Dreamcast. I'd like to discuss Bleemcast! (i personally own a dreamcast, Gran Turismo 2, it's Bleem disc and the dedicated vmu; way better than playing it on the PS2)

Here's my question/suggestion:

I've been doing some research on Bleemcast and read that they won all their court cases and after the last one were told they could continue as they had been doing and would no longer face any charges or penalties and Sony was told to back off because Bleem wasn't doing anything wrong.

So here's the point: What you do all think of those Bleemcast! guys getting back together and creating something called "The Bleemcast! Kickstarter Series" where each month they post a crowdfunding campaign around the latest Bleemdisc and display the PSone game it's going to be porting.

I'm telling you right now, if they ported Final Fantasy 1, 4, 5, Chrono Trigger, 6, 7, 8, 9 they would get more than the support they need.

Radkin
PSOaholic

Re: Bleem! Discussion

Post#2 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:26 pm

I liiiike it! Count me in! I'd love to play the old FF on my favorite console. Bleem is a great creation.
Regards,
Radkin

DC-Talk Store
My Youtube

grimmythereaper
photon blast

Post#3 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:01 pm

man i would love it!!! FF ix alrdy looks beautiful, to put that game on a console that could rendeer it faster and beater would be kickass
they call me Hadoken because im down right fierce

CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Post#4 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:34 pm

I just wanna play Gundam Battle Assult 1 and 2, Strider 2, SF Collection 2, SF Alpha 2, SF EX plus 2, X-Men Mutant Academy 2, Bloody Roar 2, Bushido Blade 2 on my DC system. Make it happen please. Thank you :)
It's STILL Thinking Dreamcast Channel

The ReviveDC Project blog; reviews for our releases and news

AdamKoralik
Sunday Shootout

Post#5 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:00 pm

Nice thought, but I can't imagine Rand Linden would be too interested any more.

krssn
Metallic

Post#6 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:16 pm

AdamKoralik wrote:Nice thought, but I can't imagine Rand Linden would be too interested any more.

This. Unfortunately...

Shadowsoul
shadow

Post#7 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:38 pm

AdamKoralik wrote:Nice thought, but I can't imagine Rand Linden would be too interested any more.

Maybe he feels it wouldn't be as lucrative an endeavor as it would have been back then, however, from what i have been able to see through youtube and various fan sites of the DC, other people I'm sure would gladly resurrect Bleem if only all the computer programming stuff was given/illustrated to them.

This Linden guy may not be interested, but do you think he would give the necessary tools to other people who are interested in doing it?

lastcallgames
Vagabond

Post#8 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:07 am

I don't know about the feasibility of a disc a month, but I know they were working on a full emulator for the DC (and one was released for the PC), if that were finished, I think more than a few people would buy in.

Supposedly a beta version has leaked, but it's far from complete.

Shadowsoul
shadow

Post#9 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:53 pm

meh... having a full emulator for PC does not interest me at all. There's a nostalgia/unique feeling and quality to gaming on the Dreamcast that can't be experienced the same way on a PC. If I can't play PSone games on the Dreamcast then I would much rather and always choose to play it on the Playstation.

Too bad.... with all the independent developers and games being released for the Dreamcast (Redux, Pier Solar, Elysian Shadows) you'd think there would be a person or two out of each of those projects to get together, form their own sideproject that would focus on expanding the Dreamcasts library by resurrecting Bleem or they could start a similar project that would allow you to play physical games of other systems on the DC. Oh well, at least i can dream........

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#10 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:00 pm

Allegedly the only leaked beta bleem that has been cracked is the yellow one. If you do a file comparison of each of the beta bleem colors: red,blue,green,etc.
the hex is completely different. Most people say all the colors are the same. Until I see all 5 colors of bleem beta cracked and made into selfboot images, and tested with the same psx iso's then i will agree.

Here are some links for ya:

http://theisozone.com/downloads/dreamca ... lors-pack/

http://theisozone.com/downloads/dreamca ... isc-check/

http://theisozone.com/downloads/dreamca ... ot-script/