Teenage mutant ninja turtles: the return of shredder

Talk about Sega's other Consoles here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Re: Teenage mutant ninja turtles: the return of shredder

Post#11 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:08 pm

Yeah, there's no Sega seal of quality or anything on the box, either, and the cart's label is the wrong shape. I have a fake copy of Ultimte Mortal Kombat 3, so we've all been duped at some point. :P
"Fear the HUnewearl."

Gionzn
shadow

Post#12 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:34 pm

Aleron Ives wrote:Yeah, there's no Sega seal of quality or anything on the box, either, and the cart's label is the wrong shape. I have a fake copy of Ultimte Mortal Kombat 3, so we've all been duped at some point. :P

I wonder if any of my other games are fake now

krssn
Metallic

Post#13 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:36 pm

Gionzn wrote:
Aleron Ives wrote:Yeah, there's no Sega seal of quality or anything on the box, either, and the cart's label is the wrong shape. I have a fake copy of Ultimte Mortal Kombat 3, so we've all been duped at some point. :P

I wonder if any of my other games are fake now

Tip for when you check:

Those with an epoxy blob instead of a big chip will allways be fake...

FinedrivE
dirty sailor

Post#14 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:55 am

Looks like one of those Russian copies I see all the time. The box is the wrong size though. They are using nice looking cartridges now to. Go to Ebay and do a search for Russian Mega Drive. All kinds of weird games. There is a "Metal Gear Solid" Mega Drive cart but it looks like its the MSX version of Metal Gear. Also Mortal Kombat 2 Unlimited, which has Jade, Smoke, Noob, Kintaro, and Shao Khan as playable characters. It also has the test modes unlocked as well and adds Brutalities. Shame its a copy but its still a pretty cool thing to have in a collection.
Currently sucking at: The Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Road Rash II and Pirates! Gold

Searching for EGG, SFA3, and ANY GENESIS/CD/32X games.

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#15 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:36 am

Ah yes, I've been meaning to try out MKII Unlimited. It's kind of amusing that they're putting a ROM hack on physical carts, but I guess it's cheaper for people to play it on real hardware that way than it is for them to buy an EverDrive.
"Fear the HUnewearl."

FinedrivE
dirty sailor

Post#16 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:36 pm

Yeah I had an army buddy that had a few of the wierd russian games. There was a Mario port he had that always blew my mind.
Currently sucking at: The Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Road Rash II and Pirates! Gold

Searching for EGG, SFA3, and ANY GENESIS/CD/32X games.

Return to “Sega Other”