Post#71 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:05 pm

Comrade Snarky
Vagabond

Re: Sony Downsizes By 90%

Post#72 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:16 pm

MrSega wrote:
Comrade Snarky wrote:No.

Yes.

I've proved my point. Sony is in trouble. BIG trouble.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/8/2/321462 ... sults-loss

OH GOD NO! NOT $312 MILLION! THE COMPANY'S MARKET CAP IS 11.73 BILLION!

THAT MEANS THEIR LOSS WAS ABOUT 3% OF THE PUBLIC'S VALUATION OF THE COMPANY'S WORTH!

THIS SHIP IS GOING DOOOOOOOOOWN!!!!

QUICK! EVERYBODY OVERBOARD!!!

MRSEGA IS RIGHT!

I HAD A 97% ON AN EXAM AND FAILED THE CLASS!

Wait, seriously? That article says their revenue stream was 19.2 Billion dollars, and you think they're in trouble for losing 312 million?

That's like if I had a gigantic pit of those balls from McDonalds and lost three so I killed myself.

#1phoenixsunsfan
Sunday Shootout

Post#73 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:26 pm

Comrade Snarky
Vagabond

Post#74 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:26 pm

I wasn't addressing your post. As far as I'm concerned, you're intelligent.

I'm addressing MrSega. Because his world is a warped and bizarre place.

We must play by his logic.
Last edited by Comrade Snarky on Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrSega

Post#75 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:26 pm

Comrade Snarky wrote:
MrSega wrote:
Comrade Snarky wrote:No.

Yes.

I've proved my point. Sony is in trouble. BIG trouble.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/8/2/321462 ... sults-loss

OH GOD NO! NOT $312 MILLION! THE COMPANY'S MARKET CAP IS 11.73 BILLION!

THAT MEANS THEIR LOSS WAS ABOUT 3% OF THE PUBLIC'S VALUATION OF THE COMPANY'S WORTH!

THIS SHIP IS GOING DOOOOOOOOOWN!!!!

QUICK! EVERYBODY OVERBOARD!!!

MRSEGA IS RIGHT!

I HAD A 97% ON AN EXAM AND FAILED THE CLASS!

Wait, seriously? That article says their revenue stream was 19.2 Billion dollars, and you think they're in trouble for losing 312 million?

That's like if I had a gigantic pit of those balls from McDonalds and lost three so I killed myself.

It's a quarterly and Operating Loss. After everything else, Sony only keeps a small precentage.

It's bad because they lost 40% of that core profit.

It's returns. Returns. Even the article states that its bad news for Sony.

Again, Sony is in serious trouble. They haven't even posted their 2nd Quarter or yearly earnings yet.

MrSega

Post#76 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:30 pm

Comrade Snarky wrote:I wasn't addressing your post. As far as I'm concerned, you're intelligent.

Trolling. When I've proved my point. It gets you nowhere.

The recent report also pointed out poor VITA sales and a $45 million dollar loss on the Playstation division.

I thought Playstation was making money? ;)

Sony is losing money and falling in RED. You can spin it as much as you can but their headed towards dark waters.

MrSega

Post#77 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:31 pm

djvectorman wrote:Image

I read and blogged about that earlier this year.

Comrade Snarky
Vagabond

Post#78 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:33 pm

MrSega wrote:
Comrade Snarky wrote:I wasn't addressing your post. As far as I'm concerned, you're intelligent.

Trolling. When I've proved my point. It gets you nowhere.

The recent report also pointed out poor VITA sales and a $45 million dollar loss on the Playstation division.

I thought Playstation was making money? ;)

Sony is losing money and falling in RED. You can spin it as much as you can but their headed towards dark waters.

I never said it was making money.

Trolling.

#1phoenixsunsfan
Sunday Shootout

Post#79 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:34 pm

Indeed Comrade, I'm just trying to figure all the numbers out and how it applies to if Sony PS division is "in big trouble".

I must admit I see Sony fans complain and type advise for Sony like Sega fans did in 1997, and Sega then and Sony PSD seem to be in red for years, having multiple devices and different models of same product out...but since Sony is a giant and it's gaming division is JUST 1 of many, (As Segas it was main) I don't know if losing millions/billions yen and cutting it's PR etc in that dept is indeed a deathblow right now.

I'm still searching for PSD pdf reports etc.

Comrade Snarky
Vagabond

Post#80 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:37 pm

djvectorman wrote:

Indeed Comrade, I'm just trying to figure all the numbers out and how it applies to if Sony PS division is "in big trouble".

I must admit I see Sony fans complain and type advise for Sony like Sega fans did in 1997, and Sega then and Sony PSD seem to be in red for years, having multiple devices and different models of same product out...but since Sony is a giant and it's gaming division is JUST 1 of many, (As Segas it was main) I don't know if losing millions/billions yen and cutting it's PR etc in that dept is indeed a deathblow right now.

I'm still searching for PSD pdf reports etc.

Here you go.

They're losing money, but they're nowhere near a position that the company would fail.

Sincerely,
Your friendly neighborhood unbiased person with a business degree

Return to “PlayStation Consoles”