(Kickstarter) Shadow Gangs: 80's ninja arcade action revival

This section contains Dreamcast related news articles and topics.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Poll: Do you like the look of Dan the hero of Shadow Gangs

Yes, keep him as he is
66%
He look better in long Jeans (like Cody in final fight)
34%
Total votes: 29

shadowgangs
Doom

Re: (Kickstarter) Shadow Gangs: 80's ninja arcade action revival

Post#101 » Mon May 29, 2017 4:37 pm

Hi everyone;

I am happy to confirm now the upcoming Shadow Gangs Dreamcast version!

I started doing this port around a month ago, and now I got the game running on the Dreamcast (NullDC emulator for now) with all the features of the PC version (apart Shadows, some reflection effects, and a slightly reduced colour palette and lower resolution than PC, but still 640*480 on the Dreamcast).

Now that this version is under control, I will go back now to PC version and continue the implementation of the remaining characters and levels etc...

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#102 » Mon May 29, 2017 5:13 pm

shadowgangs wrote:Hi everyone;

I am happy to confirm now the upcoming Shadow Gangs Dreamcast version!

I started doing this port around a month ago, and now I got the game running on the Dreamcast (NullDC emulator for now) with all the features of the PC version (apart Shadows, some reflection effects, and a slightly reduced colour palette and lower resolution than PC, but still 640*480 on the Dreamcast).

Now that this version is under control, I will go back now to PC version and continue the implementation of the remaining characters and levels etc...

Great will there be another kickstarter campaign or is it self funded? I'm in for a Dc copy anyhow.

shadowgangs
Doom

Post#103 » Mon May 29, 2017 5:52 pm

Wrath of Khan wrote:
shadowgangs wrote:Great will there be another kickstarter campaign or is it self funded? I'm in for a Dc copy anyhow.

The game is self funded, but there will be a possibility for another Kickstarter to help with the developments costs and get a base of beta testers, I value feedback a lot!.

shadowgangs
Doom

Post#104 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:44 pm

Hi everyone;

Some good news about Shadow Gangs, the first phase of characters creation is nearly finished.

All of the characters and bosses are done. With this phase finished there will be a new fix phase to revamp the main character, and the next big phase which I have been waiting for for a long time, the levels.

There is more info on the website, on which I put 2 new sections with the full minions and bosses list.

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#105 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:49 am

This is looking kick ass. Dan, the central player character has been completely redrawn. He looks badass now. This is going to be one of the best indie dc games in a long long time methinks.

FlorreW
Animated Violence

Post#106 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:01 am

It is looking promising ! The new Dan looks mush better. This will be a must have game on my list (Dreamcast version ofc)

shadowgangs
Doom

Post#107 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:49 pm

Wrath of Khan wrote:This is looking kick ass. Dan, the central player character has been completely redrawn. He looks badass now. This is going to be one of the best indie dc games in a long long time methinks.

Thanks Adrian;

We'll make it work, and it won't be released unless it shines in every area!

I was planning not to make any more new music public, but this one is so good it there is more reasons to publish it now than to keep it away for another year while the game is getting done.

You can listen to it here:

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Post#108 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:53 pm

Sounds pretty good. A little bit of compression and mastering will make it a bit more grungy.
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#109 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:36 am

man, that tune has 80's & early 90's written all over it...reminds a bit of stuff like Crime Fighters...I love it
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

DarkSynbios
DC-Talk Addict

Post#110 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:00 am

The song bring back memories from 90's. Keep your good work man! :)